Does the SEC need to get a life?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Getting Page Not Found error...SEC must've had page taken down :ROFLMAO:
Pretty funny, but more probable I again pasted wrong, and one day I hope to join the 20th Century and be only 100 years behind. But you can find it at Foxsports.com. The read is worth the hunt. Or maybe google "whimper and whine".

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good article. Interesting though, how it never even touches on what favorable treatment the conference has gotten from the press. In my mind, that is the biggest joke of all, the voting and rankings sham, year after year.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
didn't Ben Hecht and Charles McArthur, in one of their hilarious Broadway shows about Chicago newspapering in the '30s have some line about "Freedom of the press belongs to the man who owns one"? I saw "The Front Page" at the Cleveland Playhouse once, when it was obvious newspaper people were there because they all started cracking up about one beat before the punch line, and the whole night was a party. The cast couldn't believe they were that good. Probably weren't, but with all those semaphores flying ...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Although the media in general is mostly to blame for this SEC mistique, ESPN is the main culprit ... I actually quit watching "Game Day" because I got tired of 2-1/2 hours of SEC talk and maybe a few minutes of everybody else.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The excuses by Saban and Malzahn are two of the dumbest things I have ever heard. The SEC PR department needs to hold a session on how to lose and not look like an idiot when asked about it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Although the media in general is mostly to blame for this SEC mistique, ESPN is the main culprit ... I actually quit watching "Game Day" because I got tired of 2-1/2 hours of SEC talk and maybe a few minutes of everybody else.
Anybody who can watch ESPN's talking bobblehead dolls that long deserves something. Don't know what, but something. Start with two aspirin.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
There are a few that do not buy the hype. Danny Kannell and Robert Smith shot down Phil Steele last week when he picked Bama to win it all. Both said they were overrated the past two years. I would love to see the SEC get left out of the playoffs, but it will never happen when you have 8-10 teams in the preseason top 25. You have a built in SOS to start the year. Plus you have the notion that if you win at LSU, you are #1 material, regardless of how good the Tigers are.