Does anyone know what the uniform will be next game?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Do you need to be reminded that GT wore G/W/B, G/B/B, and W/W/B last year. It’s not like this is the first time Tech has worn uniforms that aren’t considered standard. I’m sure CGC has some say in what is worn on Saturday’s, but I highly doubt it’s too far up on his priority list.
You should reread the post that I was responding, i wasn’t talking about what we wore last year vs this year and neither was the the other guys post. He said the he didn’t think cgc were brainstorming uniforms. My post was that cgc has said that he was involved/designed temple uniform. My other point is if we are grading players on how they dance on the sidelines then it’s not that far of a stretch to think that he is involved with the uniforms. CPJ response to uniform question was always the same we have different uniforms and I let the CAPTAINS decide what we wear.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
He's not designing the unis during the season. Why is this so hard to grasp? The captains probably do choose the week to week combos. Just let it go.
If he is designing them, it's because he had a meeting or 2 with the Adidas design team back in Feb or March.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
You know what? Maybe the head ball coach ought to simplify his uniform choices and get the guesswork out so the focus can be on playing the game. This uniform crap just gets in the way of everything. Get a standard home uniform, a standard away, and then focus on winning. Unless, of course, there is some sort of evidence that uniforms actually win games. I will await the evidence.
And I'll await your evidence of how much time and focus the coaches are putting into the uniforms and how that gets in the way of everything. It's likely a matter of adidas marketing showing coach several different mock-ups and he picks one. Some of you are so ridiculous thinking he's spending countless hours designing and coming up with uniform combos.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you really think that is a good look? Even if the undershirt (or whatever it is) were gold, it would still be ugly as hell.
I'd honestly like to know what's so ugly about it? The main colors of the uniform are white (pants and jersey) and gold (helmet). The navy is only for accent (numbers, gloves, sleeves). I've come to the conclusion (already knew it a long time ago actually) that some people will never be satisfied.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
On the Blue shirt under the jersey, what is printed at the bottom?

Something to do with Brandon or Dr King?
It says #compete with the M being represented with the crown. It is all a part of CGC "Competition is King" mantra. They use the crown everywhere. In this video it shows it on the back of the helmet and on top of the GT on the arm sleeve. They also use it on a patch to identify the captains each game instead of just a C that most teams do.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Definitely prefer the gold accents that we wore during Temple. All the navy reminds me too much of Pitt. And the undershirt is definitely visible during game time.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought last week's special gray unis were super cool. Not only for the cause but I liked the look overall. I hope to see the back watch helmet back in effect over the next few years. Until then, the unis are the least of my concerns. They should wear the same one every game so we can retire and burn after this turnaround season... HA

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
I am surprised that a school hasn't come up with a throw back jersey that the helmet is painted to look like a leather helmet...that would be outstanding from a throw back perspective (and frankly was part of the football uniform thru the 1950s.....1/2 of the existence of college football).

This link has a bit of an overview on the history of our unis, albeit a bit dated.... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/uniforms.pdf

The black watch club unis were the best idea ever (ignore the player name, haha) and I hope we get to the point we can offer club membership again:
CM%20Capture%201.jpg

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am surprised that a school hasn't come up with a throw back jersey that the helmet is painted to look like a leather helmet...that would be outstanding from a throw back perspective (and frankly was part of the football uniform thru the 1950s.....1/2 of the existence of college football).

This link has a bit of an overview on the history of our unis, albeit a bit dated.... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/uniforms.pdf

The black watch club unis were the best idea ever (ignore the player name, haha) and I hope we get to the point we can offer club membership again:
CM%20Capture%201.jpg

I believe the redskins did just that actually in a throwback game. Looked a lot better than I thought.

robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-throwbacks.jpg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think you are on to something here. That's what Ohio State and Bama do and it has paid tremendous dividends. You know what they are going to wear week in and week out. It seems to free their coaches up to spend time on other things.:pompous:
If I am not mistaken that is exactly the rationale Swinney used at Clemson

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If he didn't spend all his nights sewing numbers and instead watching Xs and Os then we might have won the big game right?!? But seriously, he doesn't do anything with the uniform besides maybe sign a form or something like that.

It's silly to say that they're distracting anyone or detracting from our game prep.
Some pretty well known and winning coaches would scoff at that assertion.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
And I'll await your evidence of how much time and focus the coaches are putting into the uniforms and how that gets in the way of everything. It's likely a matter of adidas marketing showing coach several different mock-ups and he picks one. Some of you are so ridiculous thinking he's spending countless hours designing and coming up with uniform combos.
I would kind of add the real element that the players spend so much time babbling about it. Play the game, establish your brand, get book store and sporting good sales, and everybody can be happy. And better yet, provide some astonishing brand recognition. The ridiculous thinking is that uniforms somehow throw and catch the ball.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I would kind of add the real element that the players spend so much time babbling about it. Play the game, establish your brand, get book store and sporting good sales, and everybody can be happy. And better yet, provide some astonishing brand recognition. The ridiculous thinking is that uniforms somehow throw and catch the ball.

We had several different combos last year, too, but you didnt have this complaint, as far as I can recall. Hmmm, what has changed?

Jolly Good Fellow

CM%20Capture%201.jpg