Do your job

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Doing some training for the next 6 weeks and my schedule is not as flexible time wise, but Ima post clips here and there until i get time.

This clip is to show it only take one mistake for a big gain for the offense. CNW Defense is based on slanting (shifting gap away from the formation strength after the snap), angling( shift to gap towards the strength after the snap) penetration. I initially thought it was Curry being in a hurry but it was Glanton who angled instead of slanting like the rest of the DL. This led to longest run of the game i think.

Start 25:27
(My clip i did is too big to upload. Sorry)

slugboy

Staff member
Thanks for posting, but I can’t find the play at 25:20ish.
I saw Campbell’s sack at 25 minutes, and a decent pass defense after that. Is it a different time stamp I’m looking for?
(Never mind, see it now. Glandon moves inside and the play bounces to where he was.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for posting, but I can’t find the play at 25:20ish.
I saw Campbell’s sack at 25 minutes, and a decent pass defense after that. Is it a different time stamp I’m looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5:37 on the game clock. Play is at 25:25 on youtube

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Basically our defense is now going to be a lot like our offense. The little things will determine TFl and big plays. I understand CPJ's emphasis on doing the little things right even more now.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Doing some training for the next 6 weeks and my schedule is not as flexible time wise, but Ima post clips here and there until i get time.

This clip is to show it only take one mistake for a big gain for the offense. CNW Defense is based on slanting (shifting gap away from the formation strength after the snap), angling( shift to gap towards the strength after the snap) penetration. I initially thought it was Curry being in a hurry but it was Glanton who angled instead of slanting like the rest of the DL. This led to longest run of the game i think.

Start 25:27
(My clip i did is too big to upload. Sorry)

Were you pleased overall with what you saw? What are your thoughts on this D compared to last year, do you expect us to be better this year by a large margin?

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Yep, Glanton tried to make a play; you can see why he's doing it because the play looks like it's going that way and if he keeps on his current task/gap responsibility he'll be wasted. But, by doing so, it creates a cutback lane. But, you also wonder how much the whole "run to the ball" credo plays into Glanton's mind too. He's thinking, "OK, I did my job, the play isn't coming here, now run to the ball to help". It's hard to fault him much for this play, but it is something to learn from. Got to get a feel for when it's time to leave your responsibility and run to the ball.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yep, Glanton tried to make a play; you can see why he's doing it because the play looks like it's going that way and if he keeps on his current task/gap responsibility he'll be wasted. But, by doing so, it creates a cutback lane. But, you also wonder how much the whole "run to the ball" credo plays into Glanton's mind too. He's thinking, "OK, I did my job, the play isn't coming here, now run to the ball to help". It's hard to fault him much for this play, but it is something to learn from. Got to get a feel for when it's time to leave your responsibility and run to the ball.

Yep, that's the hidden complexity of this defense, you are going to need to stay in your slant lanes if the slant is on, because that is how we keep run fits. Then as you play more you will get the feel on when you can spin back inside. The good news is that there is backup coming if you screw up to limit the gain.

Although i also wonder if speed of the offense had something to do with it. They weren't that fast at all except that 4 kid. It could be our guys were running full speed and over running the slower team. That shouldn't be a problem any other time this year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Small snippet on how pathetic what we had been doing. And it doesnt even talk about covg rolls that woody hasn’t shown yet . But its overdone. U can do the same in a 4-3 with zone dogs. Bottom line is, and whats right, is tricking the ol to overload or under block and how you attack gaps. We sorely need this at tech. Been missing for a decade.

#rightagain

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Small snippet on how pathetic what we had been doing. And it doesnt even talk about covg rolls that woody hasn’t shown yet . But its overdone. U can do the same in a 4-3 with zone dogs. Bottom line is, and whats right, is tricking the ol to overload or under block and how you attack gaps. We sorely need this at tech. Been missing for a decade.

#rightagain
Who would have dreamed that the leader of the "black watch " would play with large - no make that "giant" db cushions on wr .

We are going to have some whoops moments, but we are going to have something for which the other team will have to prepare .

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
In CTR defense, I always criticized us for being the nail and not the hammer. This is how you play violent and make plays

Oliver- Nice back to back plays . Defeated a block and made an open field tackle. His ceiling is very high

Carpenter- I just love how he disrespects the guy trying to block him. Did not let him get into his body, disengaged, but he needs to make the tackle

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
In CTR defense, I always criticized us for being the nail and not the hammer. This is how you play violent and make plays

Oliver- Nice back to back plays . Defeated a block and made an open field tackle. His ceiling is very high

Carpenter- I just love how he disrespects the guy trying to block him. Did not let him get into his body, disengaged, but he needs to make the tackle

I don't know if it works for anyone else but neither of these video clips work for me