Dino Babers has been fired

slugboy

Staff member
This marks the second time in the last 20 years that Cuse has fired its head coach immediately following a Georgia Tech loss.

The last time was when Paul Pasqualoni got axed after Calvin Johnson and GT went off on Cuse in the Champs Sports bowl.

Andy figured out that we have won the next game every time Big Boi or Andre 3000 released an album. Babers never expected to lose his job over an Andre 3000 jazz flute album*

* not a bad album. Pretty chill

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t follow Syracuse but they started off 4-0 with a combined points scored / allowed of 177-43. Then their schedule got tough and they collapsed.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Hard to think this would have happened if shrader stayed healthy
But I guess they want somebody who can develop a backup QB

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Cuse DC Rocky Long and his 3-3-5 may be on the open market...
This could be….interesting. I’m in the boat that the defense has not done enough since Thacker was fired to give the job to Sherrer without looking elsewhere first, but I also think the theory Sherrer was brought in by Key as a potential DC if Thacker didn’t work out could be true. If that is indeed the case, the job is his.

slugboy

Staff member
A HC named “Nunzio” does soften the blow a bit
1700414557501.png

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Yep, the man was caught with 2 hurt QBs.Makes me cringe to think what Tech would look like if our top 2 went down with our DEF.

btw--I believe--yrs ago, Tech vs Maryland, they lost theit top 2 (or 3?QBs ).A LB was then used by them. but--I think Stephon Diggs (Buff Bills star WR) played for them and almost killed us -. on passes,punt ret,KO rets. and running on reverses.
Wasn't this our situation just last year? Granted, our Defense was a little better.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
This possibility may be what the lengthy after game discussion was about when he and Key met. My guess is Key offering support.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Because of portal/recruiting being so different now I imagine most firings will take place before end of season. New coach needs to be able to try and hang onto whatever he wants to hang onto.
We may be interested in some 'cuse players.