Did UF give us the blueprint to stop the mutts?

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Gonna be a good game, I think. Gotta slow down Chubb. Just have to. We stand a much better chance if it's Hutson we are making make the plays. I trust our corners.

We really need a true triple option game. We need to establish the middle on the first down get into 2nd and 5 or less than grind them. Keep their offense on the bench. Put them in the bind timewise by eating clock and limiting their chances. That's a good way to beat this team. UGA is pretty soft on the line, I think our OLine can handle it. They have good outside LB's, but we need to be concerned with the DT's and the MLB (Herrera). Herrara has played against us 3 years now, so it'll be familiar.

Jeremy Pruitt has never prepared for an option team whilst at Bama or FSU, so it'll be interesting to see his design.

turfjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Gonna be a good game, I think. Gotta slow down Chubb. Just have to. We stand a much better chance if it's Hutson we are making make the plays. I trust our corners.

We really need a true triple option game. We need to establish the middle on the first down get into 2nd and 5 or less than grind them. Keep their offense on the bench. Put them in the bind timewise by eating clock and limiting their chances. That's a good way to beat this team. UGA is pretty soft on the line, I think our OLine can handle it. They have good outside LB's, but we need to be concerned with the DT's and the MLB (Herrera). Herrara has played against us 3 years now, so it'll be familiar.

Jeremy Pruitt has never prepared for an option team whilst at Bama or FSU, so it'll be interesting to see his design.

I was just about to post this. This could be huge for us in this game.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I like our corners vs. their receivers, plus our guys get two weeks to study film on their tendancies

+1 to this. Several of the interceptions this season have been because our players had studied the film and knew where the ball was going. Golden's pick six is a perfect example.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
@33jacket Why do we not see teams taking chances with a corner blitz against UGA with a LB falling off for contain? A Chubb or Gurley is hard to bring down by a CB, but in watching their plays develop it looks like some CB blitzing could slow down the run or turn it back to the weak side of the line.

its a guess...if you blitz a CB and that is a short screen to that WR its a HUGE play. If you blitz a CB and the play goes the other way you just froze one support S.

I am not a huge fan of blitzing CB for run support....i am a fan of it off the slot on obvious passing downs where the LB can cover easier.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Must hit chubb early before he gets up a head of steam...very hard to tackle when at full speed....he will drag us for extra yards if we don't hit him early and often......

He's a hard one to bring down if he gets a step of acceleration, second only to Gurley. Both are a load though. With Gurley out, the biggest bright spot for us might be UGA's ability to keep rotating 5-star running backs with fresh legs in the 4th is diminished.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Charleston Southern actually played Vandy to within a point. They run the option from the gun, and more of a double option from what I have seen.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Last week was strenght on strength, Our O vs Clem D. ugag is a different animal. Their strength is probably their Oline also (I know the RBs are great but their Oline has been dominating). I think ugag's D is strongest up front, but I like our Oline's ability to handle them. Of teams we have faced I think Ugays D is probably most similar to Miami's. Our Dline will have their hands full. Our Db's are better than the mutts IMO. Our QB is better than theirs though Mason is a good game manager and hasn't made many mistakes / turnovers.

Gurly out changes special teams more than their O imo. ugag has another great return guy though and STs will be a huge part in the outcome. Seems to be a pretty even battle going in.

Should be a good game. Lets bust their ***. Go Jackets! THWG!!