Devin Cochran choosing to not enroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I noticed in the press conference that the players will be social distancing on the sideline. But I assume we’ll still huddle, block, tackle, chest bump, jump on each other after a great play, after all FB is a contact sport. (Sitting here scratching head.)
Nope. They have all been notified to not celebrate other than the arm bumps. Its a different life on the GT campus.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Man 2020 is a great year. I have refinanced my home to an all time low interest rate and dropped my payoff from 20 years to 15 years. I have gotten $2,400 from the US Government and I am about to get $2,400 more just for sitting at home. I have not lost anyone to Coronavirus and have not even known anyone that has contracted it. I have had time to catch up on all my to do's and been able to contact old friends I have not talked to in years. If they want to drag this thing out until after the election, that's fine with me. Our football season is not that important so if we play great, if not that's fine as well. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy myself and not live in fear. My time is short and not to be wasted.

Go Jackets!

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Man 2020 is a great year. I have refinanced my home to an all time low interest rate and dropped my payoff from 20 years to 15 years. I have gotten $2,400 from the US Government and I am about to get $2,400 more just for sitting at home. I have not lost anyone to Coronavirus and have not even known anyone that has contracted it. I have had time to catch up on all my to do's and been able to contact old friends I have not talked to in years. If they want to drag this thing out until after the election, that's fine with me. Our football season is not that important so if we play great, if not that's fine as well. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy myself and not live in fear. My time is short and not to be wasted.

Go Jackets!
Very insensitive attitude.

My nephew was 32 with no underlying health issues. He died at the end of April.

My neighbors were sick in March. Their 6 year old didn't show symptoms, but the 8 year old was pretty sick. Both the father and his wife had very bad illness, her illness lasted over a month and she still has symptoms. They're both still easily fatigued.

But good for you "enjoying" this while others around you are suffering and dying. Your tune will change when this affects you directly.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

My neighbors were sick in March. Their 6 year old didn't show symptoms, but the 8 year old was pretty sick. Both the father and his wife had very bad illness, her illness lasted over a month and she still has symptoms. They're both still easily fatigued.

But good for you "enjoying" this while others around you are suffering and dying. Your tune will change when this affects you directly.
I'm sorry for all the loses you have suffered. I hope those who survived can recover, but I fear for the long term consequences of this disease. This thing is very bad indeed. We still haven't gotten to the place where we can admit that. This continues to bewilder me.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Agreed. I've had a cousin pass and another cousins entire family of 4 had it but fortunately was fairly mild as a whole. To drop in that snarky line about the virus is almost begging for some karma. Consider yourself lucky and quit acting like a jerk.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

My condolences for your losses too.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Sorry for your loss. I was just sharing my experience. Meant no disrespect. I am enjoying life and at 70 years of age, I know I can go any minute, but when you think about, couldn't we all.

Go Jackets!

Don't let what they said upset you or get under your skin. Using their logic, noone would ever be able to say that its been a great day, week, month or year, because something is always happening. Death, injury, bankruptcy etc.

I'm happy that someone is willing to say that it's been a good year for them. I lost my grandmother in April, but started dating an amazing woman in June. My business was horrible in April, but we have been pulling in great numbers since then and are even looking into hiring.

It's OK to look at the glass half empty or half full, cause some people add ice to the glass and have a party!

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
My brother, who was otherwise healthy and athletic, died suddenly of pneumonia overnight at age 24 in 1982, long before covid-19. It's a tragedy, but an anecdote. Engineers are supposed to be good at stats. It's also a jerk move to panic a nation and shut down the lives and businesses of people who have, statistically, only a very small chance of dying from something that, despite the hype of the media and a particular political party, is nothing worse than a really bad flu.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
My brother, who was otherwise healthy and athletic, died suddenly of pneumonia overnight at age 24 in 1982, long before covid-19. It's a tragedy, but an anecdote. Engineers are supposed to be good at stats. It's also a jerk move to panic a nation and shut down the lives and businesses of people who have, statistically, only a very small chance of dying from something that, despite the hype of the media and a particular political party, is nothing worse than a really bad flu.
I personally know more people that have died of covid this year than I know that have died from the flu. That small chance you mentioned is pretty painful when it hits your circle.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

Incredible perspective to have from something that painful that happened in your family. Would be hard to do. Much respect.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I personally know more people that have died of covid this year than I know that have died from the flu. That small chance you mentioned is pretty painful when it hits your circle.
Sorry for your loss.

It is always painful to lose people you care about, whether it is from cancer, covid, auto accidents, or whatever.

Life is full of risks. Enjoy every day you have. One never knows how many more you have.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Sorry for your loss.

I don’t want to diminish it but which party and media is responsible for Italy and Spain and the U.K.? This isn’t a uniquely US phenomena.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Don't let what they said upset you or get under your skin. Using their logic, noone would ever be able to say that its been a great day, week, month or year, because something is always happening. Death, injury, bankruptcy etc.

I'm happy that someone is willing to say that it's been a good year for them. I lost my grandmother in April, but started dating an amazing woman in June. My business was horrible in April, but we have been pulling in great numbers since then and are even looking into hiring.

It's OK to look at the glass half empty or half full, cause some people add ice to the glass and have a party!

First paragraph is such a spin job. It simply gets tiresome reading the ole "I don't know anyone that's had the virus, blah blah blah" when some HAVE had family/friends suffer from it or worse. That has nothing to do with glass half full and the like. Some folks just need to flat out show a bit more sensitivity and respect and it has nothing to do with your odd view of logic.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

< I lost my grandmother in April, but started dating an amazing woman in June.>

We'll explore this at a more appropriate time. :)

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry for your loss.

I don’t want to diminish it but which party and media is responsible for Italy and Spain and the U.K.? This isn’t a uniquely US phenomena.
Haven't the UK, Italy and Spain all gotten their outbreaks under control? I'm pretty sure their outbreaks peaked early in the pandemic and have been dropping since.

The US curve is still climbing.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
< I lost my grandmother in April, but started dating an amazing woman in June.>

We'll explore this at a more appropriate time. :)

Bad things happen and good things happen. It's called life. And it's ok to celebrate the good times in the midst of the bad times. I believe it can keep us sane if we enjoy the small things in life this year like @Jerry the Jacket was talking about.:beercheers:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Haven't the UK, Italy and Spain all gotten their outbreaks under control? I'm pretty sure their outbreaks peaked early in the pandemic and have been dropping since.

The US curve is still climbing.
My point was about the suggestion that the media hype and the election are what this has all been about, and that it’s just another flu. You can’t claim this has all been driven by US politics and media when it’s an international crisis. Although to you question I think the U.K. has had an uptick and I’ve seen some rumblings on Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.