Desmond Howard: The Heisman GT almost had

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The irony of Chan Gailey will always be he lacked a "Pro Style" QB to make his offense hum. He definitely recruited well enough on the OL and at the skill positions, but just couldn't get that QB...until it was too late. He had Stephen Threat and Nesbitt signed to his last class (Both 4 star QBs...though I've always thought Nesbitt would probably have moved to safety eventually under Chan), and had the committment of a future NFL QB (Sean Renfree), but then got fired.

Yep. Chan had another problem brewing that would have tanked us VERY hard under him. Chan would have had to deal with APR and he was already having trouble with his players academics without that. We would have missed out on Johnson had we not got him in 2008. He would have ended up either at Duke or maybe even Kentucky or Miss State.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad he shows us some love in the predictions apparently, but imagine if we have a Heisman winning GT player on that panel. Yowza!

Did we ever get Corso to don the Buzz head?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Like they say, be careful what you wish for. Or is it: unintended consequences?? I forget.

I think Matt Ryan and Calvin johnson and Demarius Thomas in 2007 ( calvin likely stays in this scenario) might have won a NC. That year was crazy. This is even with a NIX offense. Chan probably leaves back to the NFL after that anyway and we may have been forced to hire a new coach anywya. It is possible... everything would have worked out anyway.