Design your worst case CFP final four

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Ugag and 3 other teams that only get in by some strange combination of late season upsets. If Ugag is in, then I want the 3 strongest opponents.

I understand the U hate, but doesn't anyone else see how Richt winning it all could really stick it to the muttnation?

Edit to add: the horrific flip side would be the Mutts over the Canes in the final.
gawd! just kill me now!!!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My nightmare?

Alaska State Community College

San Diego Technical University For The Blind

Columbus Christian Girls Academy Of Fine Arts

(un)iversity Of Georgia

....so in other words, (u)GA in their regular SEC East schedule.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
My nightmare?

Alaska State Community College

San Diego Technical University For The Blind

Columbus Christian Girls Academy Of Fine Arts

(un)iversity Of Georgia

....so in other words, (u)GA in their regular SEC East schedule.

Who would ever have thought that the SEC would turn into the sh!tshow that it is today?

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Any case where the SEC gets two teams in. Especially if UGA is one. My only ammunition over UGA buddies is GTs more recent orange bowl victory being better than their annual trip to Orlando.

DirtyDingusMagee

Georgia Tech Fan
Georgia, Notre Dame and Miami in the same bracket would make me want to cut my wrists with a plastic spoon. Doesn't matter who the fourth team is from the rest of the list of contenders. Honestly, given the remaining choices, I'm rooting for Dabo. At least I don't hate him or his team (Clemson fans and I have always gotten along pretty well. I consider it a respectful rivalry to the extent that's possible.)

Jmonty71

Banned
Unless Oklahoma really messes up, they are in. Bama has a hurdle in Auburn. I would love to see Auburn win. However; I still think the winner of the SEC championship gets in. Right now...let's stick with Bama. I think the winner of the Clemson / Miami game is in. Right now...let's go with Clemson. Now, that leaves one... Wisconsin seems like a shoe in. However; I have a sneaky feeling that they will lose a game. Possibly even this weekend. Michigan is good enough to beat them.. Does the SEC get a 2nd team in? Does Ohio St. sneak in with 2 loses? Remains to be seen. I think due to ESPN connections, we may very well see 2 SEC teams. Don't be shocked folks.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Unless Oklahoma really messes up, they are in. Bama has a hurdle in Auburn. I would love to see Auburn win. However; I still think the winner of the SEC championship gets in. Right now...let's stick with Bama. I think the winner of the Clemson / Miami game is in. Right now...let's go with Clemson. Now, that leaves one... Wisconsin seems like a shoe in. However; I have a sneaky feeling that they will lose a game. Possibly even this weekend. Michigan is good enough to beat them.. Does the SEC get a 2nd team in? Does Ohio St. sneak in with 2 loses? Remains to be seen. I think due to ESPN connections, we may very well see 2 SEC teams. Don't be shocked folks.
It would really screw things up if Ohio State beat Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship Game.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

I think you're almost spot on, except after this weekend I'm thinking Miami will win the ACC and get in the CFP. Big question is if the SEC gets two in.

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think you're almost spot on, except after this weekend I'm thinking Miami will win the ACC and get it the CFP. Big question is if the SEC gets two in.
I think Georgia gets knocked to the Orange, Citrus Bowl or Outback Bowls if they get pounded in the SECCG. If Auburn loses the SECCG I think they could go to the Sugar or Orange Bowl, If Alabama loses to Auburn and the SECCG they could slip to the Orange or Sugar Bowls.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The worst would really just be UGa and Miami in the Championship. btw UCF fans think that if our game wasn't cancelled they would sneak in undefeated. I think I would feel the same.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
The worst would really just be UGa and Miami in the Championship. btw UCF fans think that if our game wasn't cancelled they would sneak in undefeated. I think I would feel the same.
the only small redeeming factor of the uga miami final would be the schadenfreude if Mark Richt denied uga a title. people's heads here would explode. all the dwag fans I know were just pretending to "root for him and be happy for him" until he's now looking like a threat. now they are just mad about him doing well somewhere else.