Design your worst case CFP final four

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
With Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson at the top 4 in the first CFP poll, it strikes me as near a GT fan's worst nightmare.

I think Georgia and Notre Dame are in many "least favorite" lists on this board, and I'm guessing Alabama and Clemson slide in for some.

So, in the spirit of threads dedicated to b****ing and whining after a loss, how about we redirect some of that to our least favorite teams? Who would be in your worst case scenario final four?

I'll start with Georgia, Notre Dame, Duke and Rutgers. Honorable mentions to Miami and VT.

northgajacket

Banned
With Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson at the top 4 in the first CFP poll, it strikes me as near a GT fan's worst nightmare.

I think Georgia and Notre Dame are in many "least favorite" lists on this board, and I'm guessing Alabama and Clemson slide in for some.

So, in the spirit of threads dedicated to b****ing and whining, how about we redirect some of that to our least favorite teams? Who would be in your worst case scenario final four?

I'll start with Georgia, Notre Dame, Duke and Rutgers. Honorable mentions to Miami and VT.

uga, Miami, Penn State and Notre Dame.

At the end of the day I care more about dealing with low IQ trashy uga fans, but then I remember they are TRASH and their lives are probably still worse than mine.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Dwags, notre lame, ThugU & I really don't have a strong 4th. Those 3 are pretty much a separate level for me. I guess UNC because of the last decade plus of academics-optional.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Interesting thread. I’d say uga, for obvious reasons. Stanford, because we’d never hear the end of it from the people who don’t get it. Notre Dame, because Notre Dame. And any other SEC team, because the idea that two would be in the playoff would be awful.

Ok, gonna predict chaos here.
UGA loses to Auburn and us. Look load 9 in the box and make the Freshman beat you.
Bama loses to LSU this weekend and then UGA in the SECCG
Notre Dame loses to Stanford as Bryce Love runs wild. Game is at Stanford
Clemson is going to be out this weekend as they lose to NC State
The team no one thinks is great Wisconsin goes 12-0 and beats Ohio St in the B10CG
Arizona beats Washington in the Pac 10 CG
Georgia Tech gets to the ACCCG and beats NC State
Iowa St loses to WVU this weekend but wins out and plays Oklahoma again, even after a loss to OK st.

Wisconsin is number 1, and the committee sits in a room for days not knowing where to go next.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Oh clearly it would be an UGA, Bama, Tennessee, Ole Miss final four. The sheer outrageous of SEC homerism would be enough to cause spontaneous combustion.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Good horror thread for a Halloween night. The nightmare scenario for me would have to be dwags vs. ThugU in one game, and a Petrino-coached Louisville team vs. Bammer in the other. I'd prolly pull for a bench-clearing brawl in one and the apocalyptic meteor in the other.

And, if by some incomprehensible miracle, enough blast radius survivors from one game were rescued to take the field against helmet-throwers who had escaped suspensions from the other game, I'd turn on my TV just before kickoff of the championship game ... and then change the channel to a fishing show. (preferably Bill Dance, but I'd settle for Hank Parker or Roland Martin ... heck I'd even watch a grainy episode of Virgil Ward from the 70's)

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Ugag and 3 other teams that only get in by some strange combination of late season upsets. If Ugag is in, then I want the 3 strongest opponents.

I understand the U hate, but doesn't anyone else see how Richt winning it all could really stick it to the muttnation?

Edit to add: the horrific flip side would be the Mutts over the Canes in the final.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Dwags, notre lame, ThugU & I really don't have a strong 4th. Those 3 are pretty much a separate level for me. I guess UNC because of the last decade plus of academics-optional.
I will go out on a limb and say you don't have to worry about the Tarheels this year.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Georgia is making the playoffs no matter what unless Auburn or Tech beats them. They will get in with close loss to Bama. The committee showed us that today by putting them at #1. I do not want an undefeated #1 UGA team coming to Atlanta with 27,000 + fans. That’s a scary thought.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

So, in the spirit of threads dedicated to b****ing and whining after a loss, how about we redirect some of that to our least favorite teams? Who would be in your worst case scenario final four?

Any final 4 that includes the Red Neck Mutts

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Georgia is making the playoffs no matter what unless Auburn or Tech beats them. They will get in with close loss to Bama. The committee showed us that today by putting them at #1. I do not want an undefeated #1 UGA team coming to Atlanta with 27,000 + fans. That’s a scary thought.
I HATE UGA but fact is Auburn won't beat them. The only way uga will lose is if someone can stop their running game and force them to pass.