Depth Chart

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Goede is a disappointment if he's that far down the depth chart. He's got the pedigree (4-star recruit) and experience (7 starts at Miss St last year) so wonder what the deal is. I am interested to see how Avery Boyd looks in-line. Shocked he's #1A this early.

Ethan Mackenny as clear backup right after earning freshman AA is very interesting. Good for Jordan Brown if he's showed out enough to jump him.

Also a little surprised at Tobe/Gibbs not at starting nickel. Thought we had heard a lot out of them this spring. Burrell was another name that showed up a lot and he earned a starting spot.

Also Canion is not listed. Potential RS candidate?
Also surprised to see Mackenny at 2B or 3 on the depth chart at LT. Thought he would be fighting for the starting job. Seems like we've got some real depth on the OL. Concerned about TE. Hopefully Boyd can block.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Key seemed high on Boyd in the presser. I don’t look at this chart and see Goede as #5. I see him as the potential 3rd guy. That’s what anll the “or”s mean. All those dudes are gonna play. I think seeing Jordan Brown up top is a good thing. That just means he beat out TWO former starters, one of whom was FrAA last year. You can say the same about Boyd. Key said he’s pleased with his blocking. Hopefully he’s a dark horse poised for a breakout year, like Jamal last year.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This latest recruiting class must be pretty good! I counted 10 different true freshmen on the depth chart.

Also, I suspect Buster has an interesting game plan for Saturday. Normally, one starting WR would be a big X- type receiver. However, all three starting receivers are either slot/y or flanker/z types. I’m curious what he has in mind to keep Singleton and Lane from getting jammed at the line of scrimmage.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This latest recruiting class must be pretty good! I counted 10 different true freshmen on the depth chart.

Also, I suspect Buster has an interesting game plan for Saturday. Normally, one starting WR would be a big X- type receiver. However, all three starting receivers are either slot/y or flanker/z types. I’m curious what he has in mind to keep Singleton and Lane from getting jammed at the line of scrimmage.
That stockton WR kid seems to be inching his way onto the field. Remember that small Clemson WR who was not fast, but was always open on 3rd down , never dropped the ball and always got the 1st down.
It seemed like he played for 7 years.

Fun to wstch this Stockton kid.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Only having 11 players listed for 5 DB spots is what raised my eyebrows. That is not a lot of depth at all because those positions tend to suffer a lot of attrition. Obviously there is room for guys to step up and make the chart as the season goes on.

I too was surprised to see MacKenny 3rd string after starting last season. Hopefully due to that trio really stepping it up and pushing the incumbent.

Three True Freshmen made the chart from the OL. Not expecting to see the true Freshmen plays much at all against FSU.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Color me concerned on depth in a few places, Rb,Lb and secondary and who’s third string Qb?(hopefully we’ll never find out)
  • Regarding RB - Haynes & Cooley have my confidence. And Anthony Carrie is a recruit I am really excited to see ball out. Wouldn't want to test the depth past that, but if 2 out of those 3 stay healthy I feel great.
  • LB - agree with concerns here, I think if we have to dig deep past starters we are weak.
  • Secondary - If the transfers work out I think we're good. Burrell, Tobe, Gibbs, Davis - Need at least a couple of those guys to be good.
  • QB - I will take two QB's that we feel really strong to put in the game. Based on past history, at least one of the freshman should pan out too, not too concerned about QB.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
  • Regarding RB - Haynes & Cooley have my confidence. And Anthony Carrie is a recruit I am really excited to see ball out. Wouldn't want to test the depth past that, but if 2 out of those 3 stay healthy I feel great.
  • LB - agree with concerns here, I think if we have to dig deep past starters we are weak.
  • Secondary - If the transfers work out I think we're good. Burrell, Tobe, Gibbs, Davis - Need at least a couple of those guys to be good.
  • QB - I will take two QB's that we feel really strong to put in the game. Based on past history, at least one of the freshman should pan out too, not too concerned about QB.
Key has been high on Chad Alexander. Apparently runs a 10.3 100 and they are confident he’s grown into the position

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Only having 11 players listed for 5 DB spots is what raised my eyebrows. That is not a lot of depth at all because those positions tend to suffer a lot of attrition. Obviously there is room for guys to step up and make the chart as the season goes on.

I too was surprised to see MacKenny 3rd string after starting last season. Hopefully due to that trio really stepping it up and pushing the incumbent.

Three True Freshmen made the chart from the OL. Not expecting to see the true Freshmen plays much at all against FSU.

They are extremely high on the freshman offensive linemen

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
That stockton WR kid seems to be inching his way onto the field. Remember that small Clemson WR who was not fast, but was always open on 3rd down , never dropped the ball and always got the 1st down.
It seemed like he played for 7 years.

Fun to wstch this Stockton kid.
I had an eye out for him as well. He went bananas in the spring game.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Goede is a disappointment if he's that far down the depth chart. He's got the pedigree (4-star recruit) and experience (7 starts at Miss St last year) so wonder what the deal is. I am interested to see how Avery Boyd looks in-line. Shocked he's #1A this early.

Ethan Mackenny as clear backup right after earning freshman AA is very interesting. Good for Jordan Brown if he's showed out enough to jump him.

Also a little surprised at Tobe/Gibbs not at starting nickel. Thought we had heard a lot out of them this spring. Burrell was another name that showed up a lot and he earned a starting spot.

Also Canion is not listed. Potential RS candidate?

To me the real surprise is Chandler at CB who jumped Dowdell RFr and Franklin Fr from the Spring Game (both played well) and also jumped fellow June arrivee and 4 star Fr Stevenson. This could be good news down the road. This also delisted Shelley as a CB on this depth chart. Chandler must have had a great CAMP. He played multiple positions in HS and probably has maturity and lots of football savy. We have yet to see him play, but the coaches have.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
To me the real surprise is Chandler at CB who jumped Dowdell RFr and Franklin Fr from the Spring Game (both played well) and also jumped fellow June arrivee and 4 star Fr Stevenson. This could be good news down the road. This also delisted Shelley as a CB on this depth chart. Chandler must have had a great CAMP. He played multiple positions in HS and probably has maturity and lots of football savy. We have yet to see him play, but the coaches have.
I'm not sure how much to read into the omissions - some of the missing guys could simply have gotten a bit dinged up during camp and not as ready to play this week as others they're competing with.