Depth Chart

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Not expecting the depth chart to be public until about this time next week but I am anxious to see the backups. I can probably name 90% of the starters but backups for several positions are not so obvious. On offense the QB backups are known. The WR backups are not an issue as we have many really good players that will play. TE is a smaller group than WR but similar situation. The OL is the mystery. I can see 7 players under consideration for about 3 backup spots. On defense the DL is like the WRs. Many will play, just how many? I think I know the depth chart for CBs and N but not sure about safety with Moore out. Linebackers pecking order except Efford is a complete mystery ("work in progress"). It is nice to have enough depth to have to ponder over.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I'm interested to see how many of the new guys have stepped up as starters.
Very likely starters: Burrell CB, Rutledge RG. Maybe Height over Harris at Edge. When two TEs are on the field either Hawes or Goede to join starter Seither.

Likely to see significant PT from rotation: Gibbs N, Gore DT, Tobe CB, Van Den Berg DT, and Beetham TE

Some PT from: Davis S, Hamilton LB, and Lightsey LB but who knows at this point about our "work in progress" LBs.

Just my guess.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
My prediction would be:
QB- King, Pyron
RB- Haynes, Cooley/Carrie
LT- Robinson, Brown
LG- Fusile, Galloway/Moore
C- Franklin, Tana
RG- Rutledge, Mackeney
RT- Williams, Riggs
WR- ESJ, Janneh
WR- Lane, Blackburn/Taylor
Slot- Rutherford, Leary
TE- Seither, Hawes/Harpring

Also in the rotation: Dickens, Boyd, Stockton, Canion, Goede

DE- Sylvain, Robinson/Scott
DT- Biggers, Van den berg
DT- Scott, Lockett
Edge- Height, Harris
LB- Efford, Lightsey
LB- Tatum, Hamilton
CB- Harvey, Tobe
CB- Burrell, Shelley
NB- Gibbs, Daniels/Shelley
S- CPL, Davis
S- Brooks, Seymore

Also in the rotation: Gore, Jamo, Cruz, Boyd, Butler, Dowdle, Franklin

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My prediction would be:
QB- King, Pyron
LT- Robinson, Brown
C- Franklin, Tana
RG- Rutledge, Mackeney
RT- Williams, Riggs
WR- ESJ, Janneh
Slot- Rutherford, Leary

DT- Scott, Lockett
Edge- Height, Harris
LB- Efford, Lightsey
LB- Tatum, Hamilton
CB- Harvey, Tobe
CB- Burrell, Shelley
S- CPL, Davis
S- Brooks, Seymore

Nice
We have some pretty good depth. Keep health and by Louisville we will be solid

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My prediction would be:
QB- King, Pyron
LT- Robinson, Brown
C- Franklin, Tana
RG- Rutledge, Mackeney
RT- Williams, Riggs
WR- ESJ, Janneh
Slot- Rutherford, Leary

DT- Scott, Lockett
Edge- Height, Harris
LB- Efford, Lightsey
LB- Tatum, Hamilton
CB- Harvey, Tobe
CB- Burrell, Shelley
S- CPL, Davis
S- Brooks, Seymore

Excellent list. Maybe Adams DT in rotation.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
My prediction would be:
QB- King, Pyron
LT- Robinson, Brown
C- Franklin, Tana
RG- Rutledge, Mackeney
RT- Williams, Riggs
WR- ESJ, Janneh
Slot- Rutherford, Leary

DT- Scott, Lockett
Edge- Height, Harris
LB- Efford, Lightsey
LB- Tatum, Hamilton
CB- Harvey, Tobe
CB- Burrell, Shelley
S- CPL, Davis
S- Brooks, Seymore

Mackeney was a starter as a freshman at LT almost all year and got a lot of praise. Did he move spots and get dropped on the depth chart at some point and I missed it?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Mackeney was a starter as a freshman at LT almost all year and got a lot of praise. Did he move spots and get dropped on the depth chart at some point and I missed it?

I believe this is what happened at LT. Robinson came back late in the year and got his LT spot back from MacKenny, I believe about the last two games and the Bowl. MacKenny took over in the Louisville game when Robinson seem to be struggling with the Edge quickness of the Louisville defender. Robinson had bulked up and it seemed to slow him down too much. So he lost the bulk and returned to form. There is a real battle at LT among Robinson, MacKenny, and Brown. We are in good hands..

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Very likely starters: Burrell CB, Rutledge RG. Maybe Height over Harris at Edge. When two TEs are on the field either Hawes or Goede to join starter Seither.

Likely to see significant PT from rotation: Gibbs N, Gore DT, Tobe CB, Van Den Berg DT, and Beetham TE

Some PT from: Davis S, Hamilton LB, and Lightsey LB but who knows at this point about our "work in progress" LBs.

Just my guess.
Is Harpring doing anything yet to get noticed?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Is Harpring doing anything yet to get noticed?

According to Key's press talk Harpring in the second scrimmage caught 4 passes and one TD. He is still learning the playbook and pre-snap formations and motion. Once the ball is snapped he is at home running and catching very effectively. Freshmanitis at this point but very promising going forward..

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
According to Key's press talk Harpring in the second scrimmage caught 4 passes and one TD. He is still learning the playbook and pre-snap formations and motion. Once the ball is snapped he is at home running and catching very effectively. Freshmanitis at this point but very promising going forward..
Thanks. I thought his HS footage showed some great athleticism and promise as a pass catcher and runner after the catch especially for a big man. Do you know what he weighed in at?

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My prediction would be:
QB- King, Pyron
LT- Robinson, Brown
C- Franklin, Tana
RG- Rutledge, Mackeney
RT- Williams, Riggs
WR- ESJ, Janneh
Slot- Rutherford, Leary

DT- Scott, Lockett
Edge- Height, Harris
LB- Efford, Lightsey
LB- Tatum, Hamilton
CB- Harvey, Tobe
CB- Burrell, Shelley
S- CPL, Davis
S- Brooks, Seymore

Harris will be 1st team edge - listen to Key remarks that he is playing great and better than ever played. Not sure on this but predicting Mackeney starts at LT over Robinson - that's a guess. On Harping, he has been very positive. I also think Gore may start in the middle Dline.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Harris will be 1st team edge - listen to Key remarks that he is playing great and better than ever played. Not sure on this but predicting Mackeney starts at LT over Robinson - that's a guess. On Harping, he has been very positive. I also think Gore may start in the middle Dline.

Agree on Harris and Harpring. I believe MacKenny is primary backup to LT and RG. I have not seen enough of Gore to believe he is ahead of Lockett and Scott and Van. If he is we are in great shape at DT.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Heard key say good hands and for no early enroll he has good field presence.

A possible guy that can learn how to get open and catch the ball.
In regards to Harpring, Key said something along the lines of he's a baller - he needs to learn the details of the offense, but when he's out there he's a baller.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Harris has had a great fall camp. Romello Height has also had a big camp. Sylvain has apparently impressed also. It'll be interesting to see who gets the official start at EDGE, but we'll see a lot of Harris, Height, Jacob Cruz, Joshua Robinson and likely a healthy dose of the one or more of young guys (Thompson/Boyd/Bradford)