Depth Chart released

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Fun to talk about during the offseason, but with Fall camp not even started yet, this means pretty much nothing. I expect to see a few of our 2015 recruiting class mixed in there before it's all said and done.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this year we are planning on running more standard 4-3 and using the Davis/Noble WLB spot as a hybrid type position, flexing out to more of a DB look when needed. It certainly makes sense that Noble can play that role having started out as a DB, and I believe PJ played some safety in HS.
Not sure I want PJ trying to cover a TE. Noble can handle that, but I'd rather PJ putting pressure on the QB.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Devine at RG didn't shock me one bit. Johnson has been very consistent that his best, most physically imposing lineman start at that position, and that's Devine. My guess is that it's because we've always had right-handed quarterbacks, and they're just more comfortable running the option to the right, so in order to get the B-back going, you need your best lineman there.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
No Dennis is concerning. I'm hoping this isn't strike 3.
I'm wondering if RG won't be a combination of Devine and Brown.
That's the best looking 2-deep on DL in PJs tenure.
Safety is a spot we aren't settled on. I think the plan is to drop Demond deep and have someone else step up in the slot. I'm rooting for Kagawa, as we lose a lot of physicality with Isiah gone.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
Demond smith played inside in our 4-2-5 last year...the back 4 was white, milton, johnson, golden...when smith was injured I think it was Noble his backup?

Who will be that this year with Smith in the S spot? Austin guy? Or Griffin? Or does smith drop down and his spot taken at S is someone else? Curious to see this.
you're right smith did play nickel. I got confused seeing him as starting S on this depth chart.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think Skov, who has never even practiced for GT, should be listed above other BBs. (Yes, there are some.) It's disrespectful.

"Thanks for your multiple years' hard work, but there's this other guy who you've never had a chance to compete against, and we've decided he's better than you."

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think Skov, who has never even practiced for GT, should be listed above other BBs. (Yes, there are some.) It's disrespectful.

"Thanks for your multiple years' hard work, but there's this other guy who you've never had a chance to compete against, and we've decided he's better than you."

I disagree. Why put some walk on as second string when CPJ knows that isn't an actual representation of what the depth chart is going to be? If they plan on Skov being Allen's backup, might as well put him there.

Haven't been able to say this in quite a while, but I see about 32 or 33 really good football players here. The first 22 plus 10 or so more that will force themselves onto the field. Looks good.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Whitehead at SDE. I always thought he was a rush end???
I had suggested this a possibility several times in the past only to be patronized by people who knew better. But, to be fair, we all know that there is sometimes a little motivation game in these lineups. The coaches can truthfully say, "That is where they are right now," based on spring results but in their minds they may fully expect some of these to change based on fall practice.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The head scratcher to me is Dennis Andrews.
Agree. This is the only one that made me a little nervous. But it could be nothing more than the coaching staff rewarding the players who worked the hardest and earned their ranking in the depth chart. They may fully expect him to come back motivated in the fall and take over a spot.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Andrews was great in the Orange bowl - against SEC speed. Runs the curve and blocks going right or left. Big deal. Hopeits a typo or ===Let's go player devlopment department! True freshman need him for learning.