Depth Chart released

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
other surprises:

Shamire #1 RG. This is good news, but a little unexpected given the struggles we've heard about with his weight. The best part about it is only one variation from last year's mega successful line! No need to shuffle guys around if you can plug and play with Shamire. I just hope he has the stamina and endurance for the #1 job.

Trey Klock at #2 LT. I didn't recall him making the two deep before but the kid is a heckuvan athlete. I'm happy to see this!

Whitehead at SDE. I always thought he was a rush end???

Tre Jackson absent from the LB two-deep? I hope this shows how good the other guys are ahead of him and not a lack of development.

Shaun Kagawa (walkon) #2 safety. From special teamer to spring game standout to backup. Good on ya mate!

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
other surprises:

Shamire #1 RG. This is good news, but a little unexpected given the struggles we've heard about with his weight. The best part about it is only one variation from last year's mega successful line! No need to shuffle guys around if you can plug and play with Shamire. I just hope he has the stamina and endurance for the #1 job.

Trey Klock at #2 LT. I didn't recall him making the two deep before but the kid is a heckuvan athlete. I'm happy to see this!

Trey Jackson absent from the LB two-deep? I hope this shows how good the other guys are ahead of him and not a lack of development.

Shaun Kagawa (walkon) #2 safety. From special teamer to spring game standout to backup. Good on ya mate!

*3 rs frosh on the OL 2-deep. This is either great news about depth moving forward or lack of quality soph's and jr's??? Actually, a pretty good mix of classes apart from only one jr.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not seeing Dennis Andrews concerns me. I hope he is ok, not suspended for the first few games, or even worse.... I am pulling for you Dennis!!!

GravyTrain

Georgia Tech Fan
other surprises:

Tre Jackson absent from the LB two-deep? I hope this shows how good the other guys are ahead of him and not a lack of development.

Pretty sure Kagawa is not a walkon. Transferred from SMU and is on scholly.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Don't look TOO much into this, folks. I think JHD is listed as a backup simply because of his eligibility questions. Good to see Shamire with the ones. I think KW ends up with the ones by game one. The head scratcher to me is Dennis Andrews. I think everything else was pretty predictable. I'm ready to see an updated roster with updated weights. Either way you cut it, I'm excited about the starters AND backups we're fielding this fall. Depth feels good.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
gamble to SDE, Hunt Days to starting DT. Need to do it if JHD is eligible. Its a better combo IMO....thats your best 4 IMO as well. I think the staff may agree...they kinda said that in the paper during spring if JHD is available.

Notice we list this chart as a 4-3 not a 4-2-5 like last year. When we go to a 4-2-5, who is the nickel db? Does Demond drop down and another S come in? Or is it an Austin that plays inside? Would love to see that depth chart too....

OL...not a surprise. Makes the most sense to keep everyone where they were last year and either plug in devine or brown...this may also say some are more concerned about devine than the staff??

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
I am sorry - pleased about everything but Andrews missing. That is a big fat red flag. I hate surprises. What's going on here?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It was also posted on the rivals site. And someone asked where Andrews was. I went back and the post has been removed. Hopefully there's nothing more to DA not being listed other than a typo...

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
Notice we list this chart as a 4-3 not a 4-2-5 like last year. When we go to a 4-2-5, who is the nickel db? Does Demond drop down and another S come in? Or is it an Austin that plays inside? Would love to see that depth chart too....
Lynn Griffin and Lance Austin played most of the time last year. I know Lance played nickel some in the spring game.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If we lose Dennis we have real trouble. He's the best blocker we have at AB and a right good runner and receiver too. I also hope this is not something more then getting in Coach's dog house over something. That, as we know, does happen. More news on this soon, please.

I'm not surprised by Shamire getting the post-spring call. He's got more experience then the others and Burden has to move back to center with Marshall hurt. Also, he looked pretty good in the spring game. But all this is conditional (no pun intended). If he shows up in shape, then I think he starts. If not, we have other options. My guess = we platoon that position most of next year between him and Brown.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Andrews might be hurt. I think I remember seeing last years post spring depth chart and someone that would've been a starter wasn't listed due to an injury. Hopefully it isn't serious if that is the case

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Our two deep on the DL is the best we have had in a loooooong time! So excited about that.

Two deep on OL is pretty good but there are some young guys on there, so I hope we stay healthy. Obviously, I hope we stay healthy everywhere.

Only a few months til practice starts up. Wooohooo!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Lynn Griffin and Lance Austin played most of the time last year. I know Lance played nickel some in the spring game.

Demond smith played inside in our 4-2-5 last year...the back 4 was white, milton, johnson, golden...when smith was injured I think it was Noble his backup?

Who will be that this year with Smith in the S spot? Austin guy? Or Griffin? Or does smith drop down and his spot taken at S is someone else? Curious to see this.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this year we are planning on running more standard 4-3 and using the Davis/Noble WLB spot as a hybrid type position, flexing out to more of a DB look when needed. It certainly makes sense that Noble can play that role having started out as a DB, and I believe PJ played some safety in HS.