Dennis Scott Jersey Retirement

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I know. I meant that’s probably why the delay.

Scott became eligible to have his jersey retired in December when he received his Executive Master of Business Administration degree from Georgia Tech. Scott will be officially honored and have a banner hung in his honor at a Tech home basketball game during the 2024-25 season.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
No, but pretty sure the requirements for having a jersey retired were set back in Rice's day. He was a big proponent of student athlete.
I would like to see a second area where jerseys were hung for guys like Anderson but the numbers were not retired. We have several. Moses fits as ACC Player of the year. There are many more.

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
I would like to see a second area where jerseys were hung for guys like Anderson but the numbers were not retired. We have several. Moses fits as ACC Player of the year. There are many more.
As I recall at the McCamish grand opening, most all the legends of Georgia Tech basketball were recognized by name and uniform number, at least for those played after the SEC withdrawal.. I think they were painted over during the last refresh of the Zelnak gym. I don't think today there is that much interest in display of the the history of GT Men's basketball, except in the season press guide.