Demetrius Knight position change

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we'll use him as a wildcat at the goaline. This just doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but I'm also not at practice to see everything.

Sooo are we going back to the spread option????? Seems he would have been a really good CPJ QB.....this is just strange. Wonder if Tobias is moving back to QB?

Deleted member 2897

We need another backup QB, but not sure why a walk-on wouldn't do better in this offense than Knight. I'm guessing if it got to that, they'd rather wildcat/option it and Oliver was contributing more at DB? I dunno, confused.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I see this as Collins may want more competition in the QB room outside of Yates and Peery. Knight is a freak athlete. I was disappointed he wasn't able to beat out Curry this past year.

This may also mean Curry may come back! :/

Knight is long, strong, and fast. I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the portal by late summer.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I see this as Collins may want more competition in the QB room outside of Yates and Peery. Knight is a freak athlete. I was disappointed he wasn't able to beat out Curry this past year.

This may also mean Curry may come back! :/

Knight is long, strong, and fast. I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the portal by late summer.
Curry has already said he isn't coming back. It could mean that @Techster may have his wish come true and Carpenter is moving to LB, so the coaches want to see what Knight can do at QB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't mean Knight will stay at QB. Given he'll probably be behind Sims and Yates right off the bat for reps, and will have to compete with Peery for 3rd string reps, he may end up moving back to LB after the spring and he realizes he might not have the skillset to play QB in this system.