Deion Sanders On The Flats?

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Just because Deion is known as a good recruiter and Collins was known as a good recruiter does not make them similar.

Deion and Collins might be 2 of the most opposite coaches and people. Deion is not cheesy like Collins and actually demands discipline and hard work from his players. We would not have money down and Waffle House and all the other fake crap Collins tries to push.
None of that stuff would be considered "cheesy" if we had developed Sims and a good OL and were winning games. That's really all that matters.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
A prominent donor said this publicly after last year:

If you read some of Quinlan's articles as well, including one right after the Ole Miss game, there are many close to the program who seem to have the impression that these two are tied together. Obviously things change but it's not just based on the my man comment.
There were two outspoken, big money critics last year. Yes, they are influential, but they aren’t the end-all-be-all of Tech’s big money donors. People on message boards have been quoting Greg Garrett’s (repeatedly in every post they make) as if all of the big donors felt that way. I simply disagree with that. There is no way a majority of the big money donors were in favor of Stansbury firing collins last year, and Stansbury decided by himself to go contrary to all of these donors and keep Collins for more year.

I remember reading Garrett’s comments last year and thinking it sounded petty; he wanted Collins fired, but he couldn’t convince other big donors so he tried to lean on Stansbury to convince the other big donors. I believe the money was there to fire Collins, but I also think that’s because the big money donors were not tying Stansbury’s hands. Most Tech alumni are very fiscally responsible.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I hate the new coach.
Terrible hire.
Whoever they hire i’ll be 100% onboard with
The line begins behind iceeater. He camped all week just to be first in line.
vintage looks GIF

NonAlumFan

Georgia Tech Fan
I want Deion as Head Coach, Calvin Johnson as WR coach, and bring back Tashard Choice to a higher position (maybe even OC?). Hey, where'd the genie go???

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I believe all of them need to be the CEO of the FB they're running and welcome that at GT, with Deion it could be quite a ride with his personality. My only concern is his wanting to be the CEO and our academic requirements being in conflict. Also the big money supporters/past athletes. Not sure that would work, but then I don't know a lot about it. Something tells me it would not be long before we were filling our stadium. Just believe he would bring in a lot of sidewalk fans. That is if he can win at P5 FB. Guess it's always a crap shoot when hiring a CFB coach.
Give him a percentage of the gate and let him figure out how he spends it and incentivizes his staff. Would not be the first time GT has done just that, Heisman was paid that way I believe. I believe Deion would be excellent at making deals to obtain NIL money. Think he would love being in ATL for that reason alone.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
My only concern is his wanting to be the CEO and our academic requirements being in conflict.
It depends on what he means by “CEO of football”, but from the article you’re referring to (I think) it sounds like he wants to be able to go to the AD whenever he needs something and he’ll get it, no questions asked. If that is what he means, you’re right; that would definitely be a show-stopper at GT.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The Deion-to-AzState rumors are swirling out west. He’s perfect fit for Atlanta, but the Sun Devils wave enough money under his nose, we’ll be a day late and a dollar short.
We are always a day late and dollar short. The GTAA signs ridiculous contracts so we will be stuck with Collins til January, then all the viable head coaches will be gone, we will take some second tier guy with promise like Collins and another 4 year cycle will begin. Not to mention forget about a good recruiting class so that’s going to set us behind too, like we don’t have enough issues already.

JacketFan137

Banned
We are always a day late and dollar short. The GTAA signs ridiculous contracts so we will be stuck with Collins til January, then all the viable head coaches will be gone, we will take some second tier guy with promise like Collins and another 4 year cycle will begin. Not to mention forget about a good recruiting class so that’s going to set us behind too, like we don’t have enough issues already.
honestly with the portal the recruiting class can at least be salvaged with a coach that is able to bring in guys to fit the team needs. i assume there will be a transfer exodus unless we hire a (relative to tech football) big name. if january-june is anything like last year there will be a lotttt of people to bring in if we have to go that route

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
State is BAD this year. About to go 0-4 with a loss to a Charlotte team that should have been a win on a brutal schedule.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
State is BAD this year. About to go 0-4 with a loss to a Charlotte team that should have been a win on a brutal schedule.
That’s not Charlotte. It’s Coastal Carolina who is undefeated and a very good G5 team. Their coach Jamey Chadwell is who a lot of people want us to hire.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For those interested, Coastal Carolina vs GA State on ESPN2. Putting on an absolute clinic the first 3 minutes.

Jamey Chadwell can go ahead and stay in Atlanta and move into CGC's office while he's here.

**Also former GT DT JaQuon Griffin just made a sack for Coastal.

Didn't Griffin have a brother here who was a RB? Whatever happened to him?