Defensive Stats after 2 games

JacketFan137

Banned
It would be in their best interest to play players who can contribute especially when you refuse to sub LBs that are tired. Plus what I said is my opinion not a rumor.
couple things.

1. i don’t doubt situations like you described are happening. politicking and making the right people happy is part of college football. i just don’t think collins is in a position to be playing that game when he could lose his job at any point. he’s gonna play guys that are performing the best in games and practice

2. WCU and clemson went hurry up and that complicates subs. not all the time obviously but it does add a little more difficulty to rotate

3. i think the most plausible explanation is that knight is a converted linebacker and playing with people that have probably played the position for YEARS. while knight is no doubt an insane athlete it wouldn’t surprise me if guys are out performing him in practice in more fine tuned skills like play recognition and out in coverage.

i’m sure as the season goes on he’ll get his moments as depth always becomes a factor in a long season

slugboy

Staff member
@RamblinRed shared this in another thread, it’s useful here: https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2...ch-football-wcu-advanced-stats-review-defense

It's all stats. Binion is apparently charting the plays--pausing, rewinding, and breaking down film to get his own stats. He has commentary to go with the stats--what he saw on the field to go with each one of the stats. I think it's a fair breakdown of the game. Pass coverage over the middle is concerning going forward, with Ole Miss having Trigg at TE.

Our disruption was great--interceptions, sacks, etc--and we needed it because we gave up too many yards on average. Binion goes into some issues with run defense, also. Overall, we allowed WCU to make too many first downs on their own.

I thought the offensive advanced stats agreed with my view of the game as well. WCU was more efficient on offense than we were, which was weird given WE were the FBS team and WE were run-heavy and their offense was about even between runs and passes.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
The spring game. If you saw it you could see how many times he was in the back field.
Well…at the same time they’re not calling him up for those plays..sir.
It’s not just Knight there are other players that can be subbed in to give our starters a little rest to have the legs to finish games. Knight just stands out to me because I’ve seen him make plays during the time he’s been there. I’m an advocate for the player who “i feel “ deserve touches in games not just practice. Long as the job gets done and we come out with the “W” I’m in. Just be fair across the board.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It’s not just Knight there are other players that can be subbed in to give our starters a little rest to have the legs to finish games. Knight just stands out to me because I’ve seen him make plays during the time he’s been there. I’m an advocate for the player who “i feel “ deserve touches in games not just practice. Long as the job gets done and we come out with the “W” I’m in. Just be fair across the board.

CGC and CAT said in the preseason that other than DL, the D would not substitute as much this season in an effort to keep the best players at each position on the field. Thacker specifically mentioned the LBs as an area in which they wanted the starters to stay on the field.

"“I feel like we’ve got enough older, mature guys that can handle the workload,” Thacker said. “I give you an example – a Jaylon King, a Charlie Thomas, an ‘Ace’ Eley – we really want those guys to carry a big load as opposed to just subbing for the purpose of subbing.”"

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The pass to rb out of the backfield.

Have we been at defending it?
Ole Miss has very good wr that are tough deep. Our dbs and Safties cant cheat up.
The lb have to cover the run and the pass tov rb out of the backfield

If we have good pass rush, the risk will be less.

Just worried we could get house called by the rb.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Mr. Knight we understand. Your son is a baller.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
DK has size and has been reported as one of the faster guys on the team. Let him play. Put him in on goal line situations as a RB. He is obviously a very good athlete and came in as a QB.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I am a Knight fan too, but we saw the difference in the Clemson game when he came in for Charlie Thomas.

Who are you going to sit? Ace? Knight and Tatum have different skill sets from each other.

He will get his chance next year when Ace and Thomas are gone.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
I am a Knight fan too, but we saw the difference in the Clemson game when he came in for Charlie Thomas.

Who are you going to sit? Ace? Knight and Tatum have different skill sets from each other.

He will get his chance next year when Ace and Thomas are gone.
To be honest I really don’t see the difference when he came in for Thomas. It’s 11 men on the field(Ace included) not sure why people think the game was lost when Charlie went out. The defense was exposed by that time anyway,CGC waved the white flag on offense, but still a good game. At this point I just wanna win. If the best man is on the field who ever that may be so be it. Let’s go Jackets.