Defensive Stats after 2 games

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
Knight is still learning LB and is unreliable.
Knight is VERY RELIABLE. He’s one of the better LBs on the team. The problem is they won’t let him play because they have their favorites out there and plus he wasn’t recruited by them so he’s getting blackballed. Look back at how he contributed in2019. He’s a baller but no one knows this because he’s just on special teams. Plus the can help when the 1s get tired but still they won’t put him on the field.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
True, but interestingly, the coaches saw him as the next best option and moved Eley to THomas' spot and put Tatum in Eley's spot. That move is a sign that 1) Tatum is definitely our next best LB, and 2) our depth is still thin. D Knight was backing up Thomas against Clem's son.
They’re trying to make knight quit. He’s a threat to “their” recruited favorites. That’s just terrible.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Wha?

You think this staff, especially this season, has the luxury of being able to run off ANYONE who can contribute?
I’d love to hear more about this....
Ahh yes, the age old story of…coach fighting for his job doesn’t play the best players because he didn’t recruit them.

Isn’t he in the 2 deep? Wasn’t he one of the LBs the media had up in the preseason? Players “they’re trying to make quit” don’t get those opportunities. Just doesn’t add up. You can be disgruntled about a million things when you’re not starting, but these things don’t make sense. Not to me at least. But what do I know…

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
On the other hand, “Containment” is one of those problems you get when you have pass coverage and a pass rush.

While both Ole Miss QBs are mobile enough to make us pay for not having contain, it’s a step forward from last year. We’re getting more pressure and they’re running.

WCU tends to turn the ball over a lot, which padded our numbers, but I still view the ints as progress.
After WCU I was concerned about our mobile QB defense. I didn't watch the OM games, but checked stats for clues as to QB mobility. Not much in the stats to indicate they run much. Dart had one long run against Troy, otherwise no OM QB contributed much to their running games in the first two games. Could be that they were so successful passing that it wasn't necessary.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
After WCU I was concerned about our mobile QB defense. I didn't watch the OM games, but checked stats for clues as to QB mobility. Not much in the stats to indicate they run much. Dart had one long run against Troy, otherwise no OM QB contributed much to their running games in the first two games. Could be that they were so successful passing that it wasn't necessary.
They don't run much because they don't have to run (the quarterbacks that is) they have Evans and the freshman sensation Judkins both of whom can take it to the house. The big matchups from our standpoint will be their receivers against our defensive backs. Should be interesting.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
Why is Charlie Thomas getting so much playing time then? He wasn't recruited by this staff either
Like I said they have their favorites..doesn’t mean they are better than the next guy..but when you get reps you tend to have more opportunities to make plays, which makes you look better as opposed to someone who isn’t getting reps and is just as good as the person who’s getting all the reps. Again knight is a baller so much so that they have plays made just for him to bring pressure..but whatever I’m done.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
what makes you say that? seems like a pretty baseless rumor and not something that would even be in collins and thackers best interest
It would be in their best interest to play players who can contribute especially when you refuse to sub LBs that are tired. Plus what I said is my opinion not a rumor.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
Wha?

You think this staff, especially this season, has the luxury of being able to run off ANYONE who can contribute?
I’d love to hear more about this....
But that’s the problem..they aren’t putting guys on the field that can contribute when legs get tired. Alabama subs LBs every other play to keep players fresh. Everyone contributes. I’m just saying. Why can’t we do that?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Blinking The Office GIF

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
The thing to be commended here is knights loyalty to the Team and the organization. He wants to contribute and not just on special teams. Thacker knows what knight can do as well as other LBs on the team. Why not allow them to compete. Last weekend Tech had the game locked in the 4th qt. With 3mins left in the game why are the starters(defense) still on the field? This is what I’m talking about. Let the backups play. Thats all I’m saying.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
But that’s the problem..they aren’t putting guys on the field that can contribute when legs get tired. Alabama subs LBs every other play to keep players fresh. Everyone contributes. I’m just saying. Why can’t we do that?
Well, “Id like to see more substitutions to keep fresh legs” is a far cry from “the coaches are protecting their guys and sabotaging anyone who might be a threat to them.”
I can’t imagine contributors not seeing the field. We can all debate who and how much they can contribute... and I’m sure we will! (y)