Defensive ends: “a long way to go”

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
What I see says recruit baby, recruit!! I counted 22 DLs on the roster that was handed out at sat scrimmage(not counting Adams) and I just don't see many with big time potential, hope I'm wrong. Maybe some of those that cgc had a hand in bringing on board will turn out to be good contributors, certainly Clayton comes with lots of stars. Do we recruit on top of 22 DLs? Looks to me like we have to, that to me means there will be a ton of the 22 gone in 2 yrs or less i'm guessing. What do you normally carry, 12 or 13 DLs? I could see as many as 15 of the current DLs, not being needed, all just speculation on my part of course and what the coaches have available to sign that will improve what I think is a tough situation we're in along the DL. As I think has been discussed, this could make the next couple yrs really tough for our defensive unit, all imo of course.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Clayton will not get NCAA approval to play this year. That leaves us with a bunch of young guys that need a whole lot of development. We got to hope for a miracle here or we are going to get eaten alive by teams that can throw the ball. No pressure equals no defense.

Go Jackets!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Clayton will not get NCAA approval to play this year. That leaves us with a bunch of young guys that need a whole lot of development. We got to hope for a miracle here or we are going to get eaten alive by teams that can throw the ball. No pressure equals no defense.

Go Jackets!
Where did you see about his wavier?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
With so many in transfer portal the NCAA must be swamped with waiver requests. It has gotten out of hand unless they change their policy to either tighten it up or loosen it up. Current system is too inconsistent.