Defensive ends: “a long way to go”

Deleted member 2897

Well there is a 5-star in there and 3 4-stars. And 247 rated Sylvain Yondjouen an 89 (90 is their 4-star). So I wouldn't say the cupboard is bare. But like the article says, there is a lack of in-game experience. But that group certainly has a nucleus with a ton of talent and potential.

Milwaukee

Banned
Well there is a 5-star in there and 3 4-stars. And 247 rated Sylvain Yondjouen an 89 (90 is their 4-star). So I wouldn't say the cupboard is bare. But like the article says, there is a lack of in-game experience. But that group certainly has a nucleus with a ton of talent and potential.

So now you're using the star rating as a favorable outcome just in this particular situation?

I kid, I kid.

herb

Helluva Engineer
“For a variety of reasons, pass rush has not been a strength in recent seasons for the Jackets. In the final five seasons of coach Paul Johnson’s tenure, Tech ranked 108th or lower in sacks per game in FBS.”

This is just a brutal quote from the story.

bos

Helluva Engineer
What is the possibility of Tech going after Brenton Cox, UGA transfer? Couple of guys on the team played with him in HS. Ezzard even tweeted at him.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
“For a variety of reasons, pass rush has not been a strength in recent seasons for the Jackets. In the final five seasons of coach Paul Johnson’s tenure, Tech ranked 108th or lower in sacks per game in FBS.”

No way anyone can be surprised By this.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We may have talent. Who knows. Colemans point is all these dudes are basically rs fr and fr. what, we have like 2 elders thats it. Even lee is coming from ol and not used to college dl.

Its hard to be young in the trenches. That i do know. This could be a bad arse line in 2 years. But this year is likely to be some growing pains at least early on.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

GeOrGia TeCh bEiNg uNdErSiZeD iS FaKe NeWs

These guys aren't big enough or strong enough to attack a quarterback, we can call a spade a spade on here. Let's hope things start getting better on the S&C front. I get the vibe they are.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
th
th

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I know he wasn’t a DE, but think about how much Brandon Adams would impact this team. I think he could’ve been a showstopper up front with the new S&C regiment. I bet the DLine goes to work everyday with a heavy heart not having their brother beside them.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I know he wasn’t a DE, but think about how much Brandon Adams would impact this team. I think he could’ve been a showstopper up front with the new S&C regiment. I bet the DLine goes to work everyday with a heavy heart not having their brother beside them.

At dt experience strength and size is so important. So hard for a young guy there. With adams and glanton or adams and lee we had a decent combo potential. Now its mich thinner. Need to be more creative maybe a 4-3 over style with alot of flexibility on the end and the smaller dt can shade the outside shoulder of the weakside G at the 3spot. Need a solid mlb to do this

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
From looking at our defense at any position for the past couple of years, and comparing them to the standard set by Marco Coleman, I would also conclude that we have a long way to go.