Defensive back highlights

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Love it. They have their weaknesses, but there are a lot of veterans there who will lead our younger front seven this year. A guy who, imo, is extremely underrated is Step Durham. Good cover corner who is a pretty good tackler as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention AJ Gray. Steady starter, also kind of underrated by our board. Already good but still has a lot of potential, which is encouraging. Not a defensive expert by any stretch, but both AJ and Corey Griffin are excellent around the LOS, and both are hard hitters. Not great in coverage, but extremely solid on the short passes/run game. IIRC, Lawrence gets stuck on the TE a lot. That's a mismatch, love Lawrence, but he's 5'9", only so much he can do. AJ and Corey would do a good job on the TE imo, or even bring in a big corner like Lamont Simmons who I think would do a great job on TEs.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Love it. They have their weaknesses, but there are a lot of veterans there who will lead our younger front seven this year. A guy who, imo, is extremely underrated is Step Durham. Good cover corner who is a pretty good tackler as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention AJ Gray. Steady starter, also kind of underrated by our board. Already good but still has a lot of potential, which is encouraging. Not a defensive expert by any stretch, but both AJ and Corey Griffin are excellent around the LOS, and both are hard hitters. Not great in coverage, but extremely solid on the short passes/run game. IIRC, Lawrence gets stuck on the TE a lot. That's a mismatch, love Lawrence, but he's 5'9", only so much he can do. AJ and Corey would do a good job on the TE imo, or even bring in a big corner like Lamont Simmons who I think would do a great job on TEs.
Steph Durham is our best coverage corner imo people don't see the picks at times and don't think much of him, but very rarely is the ball thrown his way. Simmons is another guy who is good in coverage and should be able to take over next year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That settles it. Put in extra safety if it is probable pass 4-1-6 and blitz some one that is fast. These guys hit.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Youtube video posted.

Post complaining about the music.

Can set your watches to it.

Music makes the videos pop more. Just like a movie sound track. I don't love or hate any genres, music isn't really one of my interests.

I don't usually hate on accompanying music, however, I kinda draw the line when the lyrics get as graphic as this dback one. I was ok with it till the "tight *****" line. Didn't feel the need to mute it till then....wish I had the foresight to do so before my kids nearby heard it though. Lesson learned.

So I guess I draw a line in the sand with banjo playing and lyrics referencing the characteristics of particular female genitalia. What can I say? I'm hard to please. :whistle:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Sorry everyone about the music I don't listen to that stuff so I actually turned the music down and couldn't hear the words.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Sorry everyone about the music I don't listen to that stuff so I actually turned the music down and couldn't hear the words.

Wasn't blaming you my friend. Please don't take it that way. Focus of my initial post was to the individual rapper primarily and to the video creator secondarily.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Steph Durham is our best coverage corner imo people don't see the picks at times and don't think much of him, but very rarely is the ball thrown his way. Simmons is another guy who is good in coverage and should be able to take over next year.
Lance is pretty good in coverage, he may give up a pass every now and then but it's usually just a good play by the other team as opposed to him not being in position.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If Lance was 2 inches taller NFL scouts would need hankys to wipe all the drool away. Dude is a baller.
He makes a lot of plays, but I've seen him get beat time after time as well. I've wondered how he grades out if you take away the big plays? Not a hit on him at all though, you can definitely tell he's progressed since being at GT. I will say last year he played A LOT better than the year before imo.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Lamont Simmons is a guy I'm excited about, he was a top coverage guy in the acc this pst year if I'm not mistaken. I saw a post about it just don't know where.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
That's why I said if you take away the big plays. I'm aware of this stat. I would like to know how he graded minus that stuff. I also said he got A LOT better this year.

It's just a bizarre question. I wonder how he would grade out if you take away the thing he excelled at, the thing he did better than anyone else in the conference. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he would have graded pretty poorly if you only score him on passes he didn't break-up.