Defense? Where are they?

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I saw some shakey tackling by Gray a couple of times. He's obviously a great talent....and he's still young.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
We had a lot of trouble putting pressure on their QB and he's pretty good. Plus Boyd bailed them out repeatedly. IMO that kept our defense on the field a lot and we wore down against their run.

(Also running two consecutive passes to start a drive on our 8 yd line then a 36 yard punt gave Pitt a short field for their 2nd half TD. They hadn't been stopping our runs very well but were getting all kinds of pressure on JT when we threw. Just didn't understand those calls.)

Still our D did not quit and managed to stop Pitt on the last drive. Their PK just canned a 56 yarder for a career long......way or season's gone.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Find a young defensive coordinator that has some passion and has a history of improving defenses, even if at smaller schools. Who cares if he uses us as a stepping stone. 3-4 years of good defense before finding a new guy would be great.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know why we aren't blitzing more. The secondary can't cover anyone.

Speed needs to go. Our DB play is just horrible. It was amazing seeing ND guys actually defend receivers. Our technique seems to consist of putting your body between the ball and the hands of the receiver. It's just horrible.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would love to know why Days hasn't produced like he did last season on the practice squad? Not trying to single a player out but I thought him and the the Aussie we're going to ball out. Would love to see Whitehead get to blitz some as well.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why we aren't blitzing more. The secondary can't cover anyone.

Speed needs to go. Our DB play is just horrible. It was amazing seeing ND guys actually defend receivers. Our technique seems to consist of putting your body between the ball and the hands of the receiver. It's just horrible.
x 100 especially on the blitzing