Defending the post

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
On TV the crowd did not seem as loud as I remembered theThrillerdome. But could have been mic placement or something. Back in the day it was deafening.
I was sitting upstairs in the 200 level. Might have something to do with how loud it seemed (or didn't seem) to me. OTOH, my Apple watch did keep warning me that the decibel level exceeded 95 dbs a number of times....

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
My answer to Mountain Wasp’s original post and question:

Our ball club could certainly use a big man like Yvon Joseph or Malcom Mackey.

1706715507093.jpeg

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
It was the first game this year for me as well. I loved it. The GT students were great, imho! The overall atmosphere was, imho, quieter than in the Thrillerdome years, but still decent considering how many UNC fans were there. My guess is that many outside of students kept waiting for the collapse that would cost us the game, as opposed to believing we could or would win all game long. But perhaps I am projecting …
I thought the first half was pretty quiet until we made the run at the end to close the gap.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yvon Joseph was a grown man when he came to Tech. Yes, we could use someone like him. Malcolm Mackey would obviously also help.
I remember him playing against Patrick Ewing and Georgetown. Ewing was used to physically manhandling opposing players and tried to muscle Yvon and it did not end well. The refs stepped between them and probably saved Ewings life.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember him playing against Patrick Ewing and Georgetown. Ewing was used to physically manhandling opposing players and tried to muscle Yvon and it did not end well. The refs stepped between them and probably saved Ewings life.
I still recall playing a pickup game against him in the SAC. I went to set a pick on him and though I ran into a wall. That was one strong dude...