Film Study Def. Breakdown vs. Miami

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
That strategy only works if you score td’s as well.

I was reading a stat on Oklahoma's defense and basically OU's offense has to score 7 touchdowns in order for them to win. Let that sink in for a second: if they don't score at least 49, they lose.

At least our defense isn't that bad! As coach says, it's never as good or as bad as it seems. We're making progress but I'm really hoping we don't see a replay of South Florida where the QB made some key scrambles late in the game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Much thanks again for another awesome breakdown. TY also for pointing out the good as well as the bad in doing so. It helps counter some of the false narrative player hate displayed by some fans, especially in swarm chat. It bugs me when some people with agendas, and less football IQ than they pretend, start raging against certain players in chat. Very unfair in the moment and your breakdowns help dispel some falsehoods as well as clarify real breakdowns on plays.

Never retire from here :D

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I was reading a stat on Oklahoma's defense and basically OU's offense has to score 7 touchdowns in order for them to win. Let that sink in for a second: if they don't score at least 49, they lose.

At least our defense isn't that bad! As coach says, it's never as good or as bad as it seems. We're making progress but I'm really hoping we don't see a replay of South Florida where the QB made some key scrambles late in the game.
They run a lot more plays and drives than we do though. If we were having 16 drives a game our offense would need to put up 40!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Much thanks again for another awesome breakdown. TY also for pointing out the good as well as the bad in doing so. It helps counter some of the false narrative player hate displayed by some fans, especially in swarm chat. It bugs me when some people with agendas, and less football IQ than they pretend, start raging against certain players in chat. Very unfair in the moment and your breakdowns help dispel some falsehoods as well as clarify real breakdowns on plays.

Never retire from here :D
Can’t agree more and like this enough!!

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Good day by the defense after the band started playing Mo Bamba...
Thanks for the breakdown. I have been screaming at the TV for years that our DL doesn't really use their hands or technique to get off blocks. They have been playing lights out this year. The whole D has started to gel. I want to see us finish strong and I'm interested in what CNW will add into the D during bowl prep.