Dedrick Mills (updates, not necessarily bad news)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not saying Mills is as good as AP but they are similar in styles.

The jockstrap reference is a bit over the top. AP was an elite college running back and the best all around Bback I've seen in CPJ's scheme. But.....Mills was a true frosh last year. Let that sink in a second. He has the potential to match or even possibly exceed AP with hard work and some luck.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I'm not saying Mills is as good as AP but they are similar in styles.

The jockstrap reference is a bit over the top. AP was an elite college running back and the best all around Bback I've seen in CPJ's scheme. But.....Mills was a true frosh last year. Let that sink in a second. He has the potential to match or even possibly exceed AP with hard work and some luck.
IMG_0334.PNG

He's got some serious catching up to do...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 2247
Stats aren't everything, let's remember CPJ was getting very good recruiting classes and winning national championships at southern, they were out matching teams a lot in those days. At GT that's not the case so mills probably won't have those numbers but that doesn't mean he won't turn out to be as good if not better than Peterson.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/98212/unheralded-recruits-in-class-of-2016-had-big-roles-too

For Mills, there was a major need at B-back. And like many high school players, he had to make a transition to a new position. Mills played A-back in a Wing-T offense in high school. So making the move to a fullback role took some getting used to.

So did being in college. Mills served two suspensions during his freshman season, yet he still led the team in rushing with 771 yards and 12 touchdowns. Looking back on the season, Mills knows had he played in every game, he would have had a chance to get to 1,000 yards. That is a new goal for this upcoming season.

His freshman season gave him the motivation to improve both on and off the field.

“I learned from my mistakes, and it just helped me as far as next season, pushing me to go twice as hard because I missed a couple games last season,” Mills said. “I want to give everything I’ve got this season coming up.”

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
View attachment 2247
You can't throw out stats like this. Peterson was an elite talent playing at a top D2 school because he didn't have the grades to play D1. He was physically superior to everyone he played against. Of course he put up great stats.

Not trying to put down Peterson because unlike some athletes who are just lazy, he legitimately had a learning disability but he made the most of it and lasted a while in the NFL and has done good things since retiring.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
You can't throw out stats like this. Peterson was an elite talent playing at a top D2 school because he didn't have the grades to play D1. He was physically superior to everyone he played against. Of course he put up great stats.

Not trying to put down Peterson because unlike some athletes who are just lazy, he legitimately had a learning disability but he made the most of it and lasted a while in the NFL and has done good things since retiring.
Very true.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

NOT DII. FCS, which was then 1AA. Huge drop off from FCS to DII. Sorry. Pet peave from my GSU days.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep sorry no comparison. AP was not going against climpson and ugag defenses plus DM missed a couple games and then split time with MM.

Also I do not know what weapons GSU had in those days but we have a lot with guys such as Clinton lynch and searcy and who ever is at qb.