Dedrick Mills dismissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
...per Ken Seguira on twitter.
does this mean he won't make all-ACC?

But given two suspensions last season, a third violation three weeks before the first game of '17, the elephant in the room is that this is a kid who should never have been recruited by Johnson. Given all this it seems doubtful he could make the grades required even at base level. What it means is that two of the backup Bbacks have to step up to make one Bback, and one of those QBs, whoever Johnson has decided, now has to play the lights out. A backs no matter how skilled are diddly without the other two positions. Too bad. And now having vented, let's tee it up and play. I still like our chances.

Hate it for the young man hopefully he can straighten out his issues and be successful in life. As far as the football team no worries here he was a freshman last year we will see what the freshmen have this year.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
For the unptenth time it's known throughout the program on why he is out. People are reading way too much into PJ's comments and an AA policy. AA overrides any team rules but they are pretty much the same. It is an AA rule on 3 strikes and you're out. This doesn't include his being late and missing practice. Kid was given every chance in the world and if you count these minor things he had several strikes. Time to move on. Mods let's close this thread.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I'm disappointed for him. And while I recognize the rules, if it's for marajuana it leads to questioning whether the rule makes a damn bit of sense. My instincts tell me it doesn't.
I think football teams need to look past marijuana use, as long as it doesn't affect performance on the football field or in the classroom. If he's showing up to film study blazed out of his mind or to practice that way... Then I understand dismissing him. If he just failed some random drug tests and is still doing well in every other aspect of his collegiate duties... I'd let it slide. He's REALLY talented.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I think football teams need to look past marijuana use, as long as it doesn't affect performance on the football field or in the classroom. If he's showing up to film study blazed out of his mind or to practice that way... Then I understand dismissing him. If he just failed some random drug tests and is still doing well in every other aspect of his collegiate duties... I'd let it slide. He's REALLY talented.
We're better than that, we aren't UGA.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
For the unptenth time it's known throughout the program on why he is out. People are reading way too much into PJ's comments and an AA policy. AA overrides any team rules but they are pretty much the same. It is an AA rule on 3 strikes and you're out. This doesn't include his being late and missing practice. Kid was given every chance in the world and if you count these minor things he had several strikes. Time to move on. Mods let's close this thread.
Only way this sucker isn't going to 30 pages.

Just started the marijuana debate. That'll go for a solid 3-4 pages.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Being that this is a GTAA issue I'd like to hear Stansbury's take on this.

If it is a dismissal for violation of team or department rules, what further needs to be said?
Here is a life tip for all: if someone is giving you a paycheck (in this case a scholarship) and they have a rule, follow it. If you do this, life is fairly simple.
Of course you do have the option to disagree with any rule. That's OK. Just don't break it. If you do, be prepared for consequences.
It's really not all that complicated for us engineering types.

What does Todd need to say beyond the above? Do we really need to know details?

Status
Not open for further replies.