Dedrick Mills Committed to Nebraska

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him. Seems like he wants to stay far away from any bad influences hence not going to a school closer to GA. Great decision if that's the case...he can focus on school and football out in Nebraska. He's got NFL talent. Would have been a shame to see him become another statistic.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Wishing him the best, it also is exciting for me personally as my cousins and uncle live in Lincoln and are huge fans of the team. Will be a great thing to talk about with them as he breaks records for the men who husk corn.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Just as long as every great success he has doesn't turn into a "blame CPJ for not keeping him in check and squandering what could have been at GT" rant.
Any other school but tech and he is still here. He sparked stansbury to change the rules from hard and fast to a more flexible evaluation. It stinks we lost him because like with everything else in athletics we are stuck a decade behind the times.

Uniforms
Support staff
Salaries
Facilities
Player rules
On and on.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Any other school but tech and he is still here. He sparked stansbury to change the rules from hard and fast to a more flexible evaluation. It stinks we lost him because like with everything else in athletics we are stuck a decade behind the times.

Player rules

On the other hand, I am of the opinion that we as a society don't hold people accountable any more but keep lowering expectations (or "rules") to the lowest common denominator. Tail wagging the dog if you will. I don't disagree with your other points..we should keep up with things like salaries, facilities, etc. But loosening rules to accommodate illegal drug use is not something where we should aspire to 'keep up with the Jones's". Of course, i realize i am probably in the minority on this issue. Who cares if the kid breaks the law?...if he can help us win games, then by gawd let's keep him in school.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
On the other hand, I am of the opinion that we as a society don't hold people accountable any more but keep lowering expectations (or "rules") to the lowest common denominator. Tail wagging the dog if you will. I don't disagree with your other points..we should keep up with things like salaries, facilities, etc. But loosening rules to accommodate illegal drug use is not something where we should aspire to 'keep up with the Jones's". Of course, i realize i am probably in the minority on this issue. Who cares if the kid breaks the law?...if he can help us win games, then by gawd let's keep him in school.
And it’s not he didn’t have a second chance, hell he had a third chance and blew that too.

Last edited:

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
In the grand scheme of things, he had the Mother of all wake up calls by being dismissed from the Institute. Every GT fan, painful as it might be, should be extremely happy that Dedrick got it together and is still able to go to college, play football, and hopefully earn a degree.

I wish him all the success possible as he won that Tax Slayer Bowl single handily for us back in 2016. He was fun to watch in Ireland and Jacksonville. Good luck!