DB - John-Timothy Ibe (@JTIbe17)

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Congrats to the guy for graduating from potentially two good schools. Doesn't seem to me like he will factor into the football field much.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Could be a good guy for Safety depth, or might even start as we might be looking to move a couple of the players we have now to OLB. Should be really interesting in the spring to see where players lineup. We've recruited a lot of versatile players over the last couple years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Could be a good guy for Safety depth, or might even start as we might be looking to move a couple of the players we have now to OLB. Should be really interesting in the spring to see where players lineup. We've recruited a lot of versatile players over the last couple years.
I love this concept. Super fast olb and big safeties.

By way JT -ibe is from mansfield tx which is just south of dallas and -27 miles from my sons new high school ( final interview tomorrow).

So a dallas tx area kid self recriuts himself to ga tech via rice. If he is anything like branch and braun look out!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Graduated Rice in three years, C-USA Academic Honor Roll all three years. Started in all three of his seasons there. Won a team award for his efforts in the weightroom. If nothing else, seems like he would be a really good veteran voice/example in a position group where we're pretty young and graduated a lot of experience last year.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
Graduated Rice in three years, C-USA Academic Honor Roll all three years. Started in all three of his seasons there. Won a team award for his efforts in the weightroom. If nothing else, seems like he would be a really good veteran voice/example in a position group where we're pretty young and graduated a lot of experience last year.

That's impressive.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately----I hope he will not be in running to start.Rice finished LAST in country TWO yrs ('15,'16) in a row in pass defense and he was a Safety starter. hmmmm

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately----I hope he will not be in running to start.Rice finished LAST in country TWO yrs ('15,'16) in a row in pass defense and he was a Safety starter. hmmmm
This is a very naive view of him and the situation. I don't really know how good of a player he is or how much he could contribute here, but the idea that he must not be any good because the unit/team he was on was bad is ridiculous. There's 10 other guys out there besides him and who knows how good the D coaching may or may not be. GT has guys playing in the NFL that played on bad defenses while they were here.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This is a very naive view of him and the situation. I don't really know how good of a player he is or how much he could contribute here, but the idea that he must not be any good because the unit/team he was on was bad is ridiculous. There's 10 other guys out there besides him and who knows how good the D coaching may or may not be. GT has guys playing in the NFL that played on bad defenses while they were here.

you are right,how naive of me to think that a starter on the WORST pass defense in US 2 straight yrs ( once giving up 591 pass yds to powerful S.Miss), wouldn't be the basis for our def which was 50th in country ,sorry just hope we have better

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
you are right,how naive of me to think that a starter on the WORST pass defense in US 2 straight yrs ( once giving up 591 pass yds to powerful S.Miss), wouldn't be the basis for our def which was 50th in country ,sorry just hope we have better
Agreed. He was the only defender out there. And as we all know an elite safety will shutdown an offense by himself.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
You mean "athlete". To Tech that means the kid looks good, but we don't know where he fits in , but he is better than what we have.