DB - John-Timothy Ibe (@JTIbe17)

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I agree that Woody must like what he saw on tape from Ibe. Is silly for others here to question or drop hints questioning if Ibe can a contributor. Do you all really think that GT is out there just giving away 1 year scholarships to any ol Jimmy or Joe looking to transfer? Honestly? Let's give the men who are paid to scout and critique a little elbow room to do their job and trust Woody. Let's welcome the prospect and may the best man be the one who sees the field!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I agree that Woody must like what he saw on tape from Ibe. Is silly for others here to question or drop hints questioning if Ibe can a contributor. Do you all really think that GT is out there just giving away 1 year scholarships to any ol Jimmy or Joe looking to transfer? Honestly? Let's give the men who are paid to scout and critique a little elbow room to do their job and trust Woody. Let's welcome the prospect and may the best man be the one who sees the field!
Watch him end up being the stud of the secondary and were lamenting the fact he only has one year to play for us.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts exactly. Coach Woody has a specific skill set and/or body type in mind for each position on defense in his scheme. My guess is this guy possesses what he's looking for at DB.

and / or he has the mentality/mind set coach is trying to establish. didnt we just have a senior class that didnt accomplish as much as they thought they would? underachieved? its the upper classmen that set the tenor for the season imo.

i am asking. seems like ive seen that talked about?????

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree ! Us experts on this board have already characterized him as a " backup " , or only an ST player. Welcome to GT young man ( sarcasm intended ) ! And we wonder why we don't ever have many SAs to transfer in ......

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That's impressive.
The great thing about advanced studies in HS is that bright students willing to work at it can take 6-12 credit hours to college. And some local colleges offer courses in the summer between junior and senior years. I thought my kids saved me a bundle of money by that route. But then they went and did what this Rice kid is doing, went right into another degree program. And I kept signing checks.