Darren Waller suspended

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
He better up his game or he will be on the bench. There is more talent at WR for him to compete with this year.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Same old, same old...I'm sure we're not unique in this, and it's partly my fault for even looking at some of our player's twitter feed (I cringe saying that out loud), but talk is so cheap and our team talks. A lot. NoPretenders this, we're grinding now, shock the world, all stupid bull**** buzz words that don't mean anything. If our football team was measured by their "corporate speak", motivational jibber jabber, we'd be amazing. We've got some future infomercial stars on our squad.

Maybe I'm fortunate at 30 not to have had tools around me that amplified my stupidity at 19 or 20, but I'd like to think if I was a semi-public figure I'd keep my stupid **** to a minimum. For once, just ONCE, can a member of our football team just SHUT UP when they get suspended. Its always the same, "Yea, I know I made a mistake, but now I know who my real friends are! Wa-wa-wa-wa. Haters gunna hate, hold me down...", and my personal favorite, "you don't know me or where I've been."

And to the poster above me, yes I agree, as a senior one would think they're running out of excuses.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Same old, same old...I'm sure we're not unique in this, and it's partly my fault for even looking at some of our player's twitter feed (I cringe saying that out loud), but talk is so cheap and our team talks. A lot. NoPretenders this, we're grinding now, shock the world, all stupid bull**** buzz words that don't mean anything. If our football team was measured by their "corporate speak", motivational jibber jabber, we'd be amazing. We've got some future infomercial stars on our squad.

Maybe I'm fortunate at 30 not to have had tools around me that amplified my stupidity at 19 or 20, but I'd like to think if I was a semi-public figure I'd keep my stupid **** to a minimum. For once, just ONCE, can a member of our football team just SHUT UP when they get suspended. Its always the same, "Yea, I know I made a mistake, but now I know who my real friends are! Wa-wa-wa-wa. Haters gunna hate, hold me down...", and my personal favorite, "you don't know me or where I've been."

And to the poster above me, yes I agree, as a senior one would think they're running out of excuses.
This is where we need team leadership to step up. Calling JT, we need a leader off the field as much as on!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Oh dear, oh dear. Whatever shall we do against the almighty Wofford and Tulane without Darren Waller?
For real, though he's a senior, which means he is a leader on this team and needs to be leading by example
Agree it shouldn't be that big of a deal for those games. But after last year you'd think wouldn't be making "stupid" decisions.

son of an engineer

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree 100%/ Our boys need to do less tweeting and more lifting. At this rate, the only trophies they are going to be getting are participation trophies for all the yammering they do.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

On Twitter our players 'have his back' and 'nothing seems to go his way'. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I don't understand the mentality of him not letting down his team for whatever it is.

I swear, if uga wins the preseason media national championship every year, our team wins the Twitter national championship every day.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
You're just seeing our guys tweets... 90% of the kids on every single team are tweeting at a near constant rate. And suffice to say most of these tweets are a stream-of-consciousness picture into the mind of a 19-year old. My advice: never follow a college football player, especially from the team you pull for. It will only make you dread society's future...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Right (sarcasm), like CPJ just goes around looking to find somebody to suspend every day. The kid is a victim I'm sure.

It boggles my mind how today's youth are pre-programmed to externalize everything. What concerns me the most is that this kind of mentality is usually associated with individuals (or teams) who come up short at crunch time. Acceptance of responsibility and accountability is a main ingredient to success under fire. These kind of things (the Waller suspension and team reaction) do not pass by me unnoticed, especially considering our record in close games the last few years. Sounds to me like our team needs to do some soul searching about who they are.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Right (sarcasm), like CPJ just goes around looking to find somebody to suspend every day. The kid is a victim I'm sure.

It boggles my mind how today's youth are pre-programmed to externalize everything. What concerns me the most is that this kind of mentality is usually associated with individuals (or teams) who come up short at crunch time. Acceptance of responsibility and accountability is a main ingredient to success under fire. These kind of things (the Waller suspension and team reaction) do not pass by me unnoticed, especially considering our record in close games the last few years. Sounds to me like our team needs to do some soul searching about who they are.

Agree, but I would add some coaches to that list as well.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer

This is true.. Sometimes it is appropriate to encourage fellow players, and sometimes they need to be reminded to get their mind rite.

Ironically I find the same behavior in the corporate world as well. Teams that underperform are victims...

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
GTG936G: True, the Union was useless to the good workers we had at xxxxx company. They were only needed for those who did not want to work. I never saw a good worker at our company who needed the Union. This is one example that came to my mind immediately.