D'Andre Smelter

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched the bowl on DVR today. Did anybody see that crack block that laid out the Ole Miss safety? I thought he killed him. It was BayBay'esque. This kid plays hard. When I saw the game from the upper deck, I totally missed the block while following the ball. I wasn't sure that kid was going to walk again. Totally clean hit though. Lets all take a minute and appreciate what Smelter has brought to the team this year. It has been a few years since we have had that physical a player at WR. I miss it.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
That was perhaps the hardest "clean" hit I have seen all season. I met Smelter in Nashville and that is a grown @ss man!! Love what he brings us!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought it was a worse injury than it ended up being. The kid was convulsing at first.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He had another really hard block that didn't work out so well for his team. He cracked a different guy so hard that he flew into Braun and stopped him from getting to his man (who ended up tackling, I think, Robbie for a 2 yard loss).

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
That was a dream shot for a WR to dish out. Smelter is a great athlete. It is easy to see why he was so highly recruited to play football out of high school. I believe he was a 4 star recruit but not 100% positive on that. It's a shame we can't get the ball in his hands more often. The post corner he ran on ugag was also a great play and great route on his part.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If he improves his routes next year he will be hard to cover one on one. Waller, Smelter, and Summers may be the best three all round receivers CPJ has had. Either receiver is a threat so the D can't just single one out. Throw in Bostic, and that is a pretty good combo.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
If he improves his routes next year he will be hard to cover one on one. Waller, Smelter, and Summers may be the best three all round receivers CPJ has had. Either receiver is a threat so the D can't just single one out. Throw in Bostic, and that is a pretty good combo.
Don't forget Autry.

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
We need to install plays just to get him touches going a game without a touch makes no sense.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I watched the bowl on DVR today. Did anybody see that crack block that laid out the Ole Miss safety? I thought he killed him. It was BayBay'esque. This kid plays hard. When I saw the game from the upper deck, I totally missed the block while following the ball. I wasn't sure that kid was going to walk again. Totally clean hit though. Lets all take a minute and appreciate what Smelter has brought to the team this year. It has been a few years since we have had that physical a player at WR. I miss it.
I actually said a quick little prayer for the guy. I wouldn't have been surprised if he never played football again...

Great clean hit!

Hope to see him shine for his last year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I actually said a quick little prayer for the guy. I wouldn't have been surprised if he never played football again...

Great clean hit!

Hope to see him shine for his last year.
I said one too actually, although at the time I had no idea how he got in that position.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Ive always liked Smelter.
Heres a thought Ive had, what type of QB he could have been.
6'3 230 with a pitcher arm and mobile
I would have converted him into Colon Kap

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh man. Chucking a baseball and chucking a football are two different things. You can have tunnel vision and be a superb pitcher. Not so at qb. Pitchers take all the time they want. Qbs don't have that luxury. Decision under duress.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Boomergamounost: 24584 said:
Oh man. Chucking a baseball and chucking a football are two different things. You can have tunnel vision and be a superb pitcher. Not so at qb. Pitchers take all the time they want. Qbs don't have that luxury. Decision under duress.

Even still the amount of pressure a pitcher faces the accuracy needed. Come on you cant say the idea isnt intriguing. He has all the physical tools.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

His one foray into passing the ball didn't bode to well for us this year...

:banghead: