Damon Stoudamire

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Although the number of players from GTMBB into the portal has been high, the number of playtime minutes hasn’t been really high. Deivon (oft-injured) was probably the most minutes lost.

That leaves a solid core of the 3 juniors, Sturdivant, and Terry. Those 5 played a lot of minutes last year. We brought in 2 players so far. Obviously still need at least 1 big for next year’s rotation, and then build for the future.

All this leading into my question, does anyone have a feel for CDS’s approach to rotations? At Pacific, when they were winning, did he have a short bench or deep bench? Could we be seeing the return of something like the Thin Gold Line? Partner certainly finished this year with more of that approach.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Although the number of players from GTMBB into the portal has been high, the number of playtime minutes hasn’t been really high. Deivon (oft-injured) was probably the most minutes lost.

That leaves a solid core of the 3 juniors, Sturdivant, and Terry. Those 5 played a lot of minutes last year. We brought in 2 players so far. Obviously still need at least 1 big for next year’s rotation, and then build for the future.

All this leading into my question, does anyone have a feel for CDS’s approach to rotations? At Pacific, when they were winning, did he have a short bench or deep bench? Could we be seeing the return of something like the Thin Gold Line? Partner certainly finished this year with more of that approach.
Well he built that team before NIL and the transfer portal avalanche started. Coaches now can turn a team around in a year with so many transfers available and some NIL bucks.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking at the stats from Pacific it looks like he would like to have a deep bench,
In year 1 he had 12 players avg over 10 mpg, 7 avg 17 mpg+
In year 2 he had 8 players avg over 10 mpg, 7 avg 19 mpg+
In year 3 he had 11 players avg over 10 mpg, 7 avg 17 mpg+ (no one avg over 30 mpg this season)
In year 4 he had 12 players avg over 10 mpg, 8 avg over 15 mpg+ (only 1 player avg 30 mpg) - this was his best season
In year 5 (COVID) he had 10 players avg over 10 mpg, 7 avg over 17 mpg+ (2 players avg about 31 mpg).

My impression is that he has a 7-8 man core, but runs pretty deep and tried to keep mpg to around 30 for the best players. Only in year 2 after alot of turnover did he play a shorter bench.
My expectation based on Pacific's stats is that by year 3 he will be running a pretty deep team. May take a couple of years to get the players in to get to that level.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
DS was a good rebounder that made some highlight plays that weren’t necessarily conducive to winning. I hope he finds success elsewhere

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
DS was a good rebounder that made some highlight plays that weren’t necessarily conducive to winning. I hope he finds success elsewhere
He got better from last year to this year, and got better during this year. It was not his fault that the team needed more from him than he was ready to give.

I was hopeful that he could take another step forward and contribute more consistently. I wish him the best of luck going forward.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Would love to see the whole video again without the music. Some subtle interactions covered up in ambient noise.

But looked like a positive introduction of the coach to the Tech community.

Agreed-- I don't see why they have to have music on everything.

Yall baited and switched me. I could hear everything they were saying, including the subtle interactions. Yall need to change the batteries on the ol' hearing aid.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yall baited and switched me. I could hear everything they were saying, including the subtle interactions. Yall need to change the batteries on the ol' hearing aid.

I could make out the words, but just don't understand the need on the music. 🤷‍♂️

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

I could make out the words, but just don't understand the need on the music. 🤷‍♂️

Allright, Allright. I'll just make sure I turn up to 11 when I talk to you. ;)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Neither the speaking nor the music are too loud.

They are just happening at the same time.

So you miss things like, “Yeah, we have (music) coming to play for us but we (music) announced to anyone yet but (music) says (music) will be the best player in the (music)…”

Very frustrating.