Damon Stoudamire

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Pumped for this hire - which is something I haven't said in a very long time.
Highly regarded in top basketball circles - lets see how it translates to the ACC.
All starts with locking down the roster and bringing in reinforcements with the help of NIL.
In today's age - there is no need for rebuilding years - we can and should expect to compete right away

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Any reactions from current players? I like that how quick this hire was makes next year’s team feel more real. The longer we waited around for the next coach, the more likely the current guys were going to transfer. I still expect to lose some, if not most.
Kyle Sturdivant put a photo of him on his insta story.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
To me what he did at Memphis and AZ means more than at Celtics--pro ball is a different game with REALLY skilled players and no recruiting which is paramount! here .
He could be fine or not--we will see.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
For those of you poo pooing on his total record at Pacific forget he was there for a rebuild as a first time head coach. His final 2 years at Pacific was 32-19. You can't expect a coach who is turning around a program to go 23-10 first year and keep going. Team I played for in college won 3 games while they were recruited me. Won 4 games my freshman season and then won 16 my sophomore year and then the head coach bolted for a D1 job. I learned then, its a business for the coaches and the interlocking friendships these guys build after years and years sitting in gyms all summer recruiting the 4th best kid on a team because the mid majors are getting the best guys on the team while the blue bloods are getting the top player in the tournament.
Wouldn't surprise me if CJP recommend CDS during the season when ADJB was feeling out the program.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought Josh should have been given one more year, but I clearly understand that chapter is closed.

This seems like a DECISIVE move — I LOVE the timing, and I'm down with that it is a very credible hire. I believe this was being worked on, so we would lose no traction with current key players, incoming recruit, and quickly dip into the portal. And for the current roster strength, I do also really like that he's a guard — which should help give our perimeter players even NBA-level coaching insights to their positions. Timing is everything; there are probably many coaches that could be a strong fit. I believe in leadership that he is one of them, and most pleased that program can start IMMEDIATELY in keeping players, confirming staff, and getting busy on NIL. Also, if he works out, he's of an age where he has time to create a legacy. Welcome Coach, let's build competitors in your mold.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
A composite roster the 15th Ga. Tech Head Basketball Coach will start with:
-Blue Cain, Fr.(hasn’t asked for release)
-Lance Terry, Sr.-5th yr.
-Kyle Sturdivant, Sr.-5th yr.
does someone like Howard transfer? Howard didn't fit Pastner's Princeton offense, but who knows what CDS is going to run.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the hire. Instant credibility in a living room. "You wanna play in the Association, I know that game. You wanna plan for the next 40 years of your life, Tech does that". We should be back in the mix on serious blue chips with this one. Get some of those NBA alums to open up for NIL and we are there.