Damon Stoudamire

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
It will take me a couple of days to process this. Since I know nothing about him, someone tell me if he is a good recruiter or game day coach. He must be impressive. I hope he can leave his job with Boston and start right away with us.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It will take me a couple of days to process this. Since I know nothing about him, someone tell me if he is a good recruiter or game day coach. He must be impressive. I hope he can leave his job with Boston and start right away with us.

Sounds like it's already been determined he will indeed leave right away.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I guess it's time for a fire the coach thread. :oops::oops:
Queue the music.... It'll draw a dancing crowd.....

Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for adding color to Stoudamire's Pacific tenure. First thing I did was go directly to his Wiki to see his coaching history and the Pacific tenure had me scratching my head a bit. Now the numbers makes sense in terms a coach with upside. GT is a high upside job...but also a job a coach is going to have to put a LOT of sweat equity into. The Pacific job early in Stoudamire's career, along with being in the Celtic's system could prove to be a highly effective experience for Stoudamire to apply to GT.

If I'm a perimeter player for GT, I am EXCITED about this hire. Oh, guess what? Our best players at the moment are perimeter guys. This is also a hire I think a guy like Blue Cain should like as well. I've always been of the school that you take a talented coach over a talented player...players come and go. We could possibly have the best of both worlds here.

As an aside, it appears @dtm1997 is totally out of f$#ks to give...:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Stoudamire was a really fun guy to watch at AZ and early in his NBA career. Dynamic, quick and lethal offensively. I'm excited to see what he is able to do skill development and game plan-wise with some of the raw tools he will have to work with. Deivon, Deebo, Miles, Lance all have physical gifts and I can see him helping them hone their skills to improve their production. Blue is new but based on mix tapes, the kid has a world of potential. Kyle isn't as physically gifted, but he played really steadily down the stretch and I would assume he will be really happy that his Godfather is now his coach

Biggest need is to keep the core guys here and add two bigs that are ready to contribute day one. Jalon just needs to keep improving and developing. I assume we will push tempo and he has the body for that style, he just needs to improve his handle and shooting.

2023-24 could be a fun year. We may not win 30 games, but I think the games will be fun again and the atmosphere could be electric if we start winning the early season OOC games we always should win.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
He should be able to get players and in to the AAU teams/players. If we can fence off the State of GA and keep 2-3 players a year home, we should be Top 25 every year. He has a professional background as a player and as a coach and has been a coach in college. Is it a sure fire hire? No. But it is sort of out of the box and will make a splash. Likely a big enough name that most high school players will know him, or their parents will, which will get him in some doors that maybe we haven't been able to in the last 10 years. Not sure how it will go, but could be a huge home run or another Pastner/Juwan Howard/Capel (just ok). But this is likely what we have to do right not. A little out of the box thinking.

Hear Brad Stevens loves him. That's high praise and good enough for me. Let's give it a shot and see if we can get players. That's all it is now. Players. Not systems. $$$s and players.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I have a strong suspicion Thamel and Batt have a good relationship. This should be music to our ears:

Batt's background is in fundraising, and there is expected to be a strong NIL push to help fortify and bolster Tech's roster to support Stoudamire.

Thamel has a good relationship with other players in these deals as well.....;)