Damon Stoudamire

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Welp, sounds like its a done deal. Let's get behind the man. We all know a major thing that's held us back is fans waning support.

Let's not start this tenure off fractured. Yes, I know it's up to them/him to win but that doesn't mean we can't give him a fair shake with a united and rabid fanbase.

Good luck to Coach Mighty Mouse.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Welp, sounds like its a done deal. Let's get behind the man. We all know a major thing that's held us back is fans waning support.

Let's not start this tenure off fractured. Yes, I know it's up to them/him to win but that doesn't mean we can't give him a fair shake with a united and rabid fanbase.

Good luck to Coach Mighty Mouse.
I was ambivalent at first. Now, I am all in. Go Jackets!

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Can't say he was on my radar when Pastner was fired but I like it. I think he's a good fit for the Atlanta culture and will be able to recruit better than they have in a while. I wonder if his relationship with Sturdivant also helps keep any potential departures to a minimum. Interested to see who he rounds his staff out with and curious if we see Mfon Udofia's name pop up at all. He's currently an assistant with the College Park G-League team. Kudos to Batt for making a decisive decision. Not that waiting a week for Kelsey/Richey/AAR would have been a killer, but with the portal open, expediency can only help.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm excited from the standpoint of his strength seems to be Point Guard, hopefully we can get back to being PGU. Pacific vs Gonzaga game:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
This could either go really well (Jeff Capel at Pitt) or really poorly. (Danny Manning at Wake)

At first glance it seems like a good hire! Great job J Batt.
Jeff Capel has had one good year at Pitt, with a team filled with old transfers. I'd like to aim higher than that.

A better comparison would be Javon Howard at Michigan, but with some college head coaching experience where he helped a team on probation his first 3 years to win over 20 in year 4.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
So we hire a guy with multiple criminal convictions. Seems like an appropriate followup to Pastner and his issues with Bell. Also seems like something an AD coming from Bama would be OK with.

Tech can no longer claim the high ground when it comes to athletics.

Then there is his losing record as a head coach that made him run back to the NBA....

This doesn't compare to the Oats hiring at Bama in anyway, shape or form.