dabo vs geof

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Dabo gets this to pay for assistant coaches .

th

Georgia Tech gives this to CGC pay assistant coaches

th

Same story

LibertyTurns

Banned
I wonder if that guy ever made a crow eat vid? Got to admit that’s quite funny and clever. It’s even funnier now that is so wrong.
I didn’t make a video but I openly ridiculed him for years. Takes a lot of balls by an AD to stand by your man when the arm chair QBs are telling you you’re an idiot for not firing someone. Add to that the fact you have to be extremely prescient and lucky to have everything fall in your favor. A majority of luck though is the luck you make. If you reduce the odds by mitigating the causes therefore risk of bad luck, you get better luck on average. Clemp addressed their weaknesses effectively mitigated the risk substantially every step of the way and had the balls to stay the course. Gee, what does GT normally do? We stay the course but rarely address the causes so we teeter on the edge of the cliff, sit back and wait for the disaster to strike, then point out the obvious with perfect clarity.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do you think GT addresses it’s weaknesses differently then Clemson? When Clemson’s defense got blown up in one bowl game by WVU, they realized DC Steele wasn’t good enough, so they went and got Venables from OSU. This is OSU that has Boone Pickens that paid for everything. We had Womack, hired Groh on the cheap, then Roof, and Woody finally.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t make a video but I openly ridiculed him for years. Takes a lot of balls by an AD to stand by your man when the arm chair QBs are telling you you’re an idiot for not firing someone. Add to that the fact you have to be extremely prescient and lucky to have everything fall in your favor. A majority of luck though is the luck you make. If you reduce the odds by mitigating the causes therefore risk of bad luck, you get better luck on average. Clemp addressed their weaknesses effectively mitigated the risk substantially every step of the way and had the balls to stay the course. Gee, what does GT normally do? We stay the course but rarely address the causes so we teeter on the edge of the cliff, sit back and wait for the disaster to strike, then point out the obvious with perfect clarity.
Great recruiter who has the financial resources to hire great coordinators with factory academics to attract and retain factory recruits. Sorry, but that’s not a formula we can copy.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Great recruiter who has the financial resources to hire great coordinators with factory academics to attract and retain factory recruits. Sorry, but that’s not a formula we can copy.
The only part we can’t copy is the academics but we have History, Science & Technology whatever that means and we all know that many take those nasty calculus classes up the road so it’s not like they’re lugging that 100 lb calculus book up the Hill with the wind in their teeth up hill both ways every day. Certainly with enough resources we could teach calculus to a football player. We put a freaking man on a moon, we surely can figure out how to integrate & derivate while we flagellate if we wanted to.

Milwaukee

Banned
Why do you think GT addresses it’s weaknesses differently then Clemson? When Clemson’s defense got blown up in one bowl game by WVU, they realized DC Steele wasn’t good enough, so they went and got Venables from OSU. This is OSU that has Boone Pickens that paid for everything. We had Womack, hired Groh on the cheap, then Roof, and Woody finally.

Venables came from OU I believe.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Venables came from OU I believe.

He did. Ironically though, Venables wasn't great at OU - at least not like he has been at Clemson. I remember when he was hired I didn't think it was much of an upgrade. Although Steele was terrible at Clemson, he has been good at AU. Go figure.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The only part we can’t copy is the academics but we have History, Science & Technology whatever that means and we all know that many take those nasty calculus classes up the road so it’s not like they’re lugging that 100 lb calculus book up the Hill with the wind in their teeth up hill both ways every day. Certainly with enough resources we could teach calculus to a football player. We put a freaking man on a moon, we surely can figure out how to integrate & derivate while we flagellate if we wanted to.
We can’t copy the money.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We can’t copy the money.
yeah, but all the cheap bastards can start opening their wallets. There’s jaws of life to cut people out of cars. Someone needs to design a similar device to get GT’s Millionaires to open up their wallets & fork over a little coin instead of buying that new sofa for the wife. I bet the country club dues aren’t in arrears. They figure out how to do that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
yeah, but all the cheap bastards can start opening their wallets. There’s jaws of life to cut people out of cars. Someone needs to design a similar device to get GT’s Millionaires to open up their wallets & fork over a little coin instead of buying that new sofa for the wife. I bet the country club dues aren’t in arrears. They figure out how to do that.
Clemson makes hay with their army of sidewalk fans who all donate 50 bucks.

Animal02

Banned
People have their own priorities......for many GTAA is not one of them. And to be honest, based on the stunts they pulled while I was a student, they are not on my priority list either.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Did you know that IPTAY now stands for I Pay (a) Thousand A Year. My Clemson hosts Thursday told me that. Originally it was Ten, not Thousand. Times have certainly changed.

Clemson and GT enrollment is very similar, meaning alumni numbers are in the same ballpark.

So, either their alums give to athletics at a much higher rate, or they have more non-alum fans that give than GT does. Maybe it’s both, but I’m pretty confident they definitely have way more non-alums that give. How else do they consistently sell out an 80,000 seat stadium?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm just glad we're giving CGC time, this has to be one of the bigger CFB transformations, hard to make it work with just some of the pieces in place.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson and GT enrollment is very similar, meaning alumni numbers are in the same ballpark.

So, either their alums give to athletics at a much higher rate, or they have more non-alum fans that give than GT does. Maybe it’s both, but I’m pretty confident they definitely have way more non-alums that give. How else do they consistently sell out an 80,000 seat stadium?

Not sure how to be politically correct, but I doubt Clemson has as many international student alumni as Tech. If so, then the question becomes how do we get our far flung graduates to IPTAY?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Keep lowering the bar. :rolleyes:

Why do you think people are lowering a bar instead of setting realistic expectations for the program? We were picked dead last in the ACC pre season. All neutral observers seem to understand the gargantuan task Collins has in front of him but for some reason a few people on this board think the transition is no big deal.

The transition out was always going to be a struggle. And honestly the AD that hired Johnson cashed in on his initial success and doesn’t have to deal with the consequences of his decision. Which I think was his plan all along. Look at what happened to the Nebraska program when they tried to transition out. It’s a huge task and we are going to have to be patient. Thank goodness a majority of the country understands this.