dabo vs geof

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Right now the big difference ( other than all the 5 star players ) are the coordinators and assistant coaches . We have some good but very young coaches that need time to grow. The only one I worry about is the offensive coordinator. I think CAT will be a good defensive coordinator and has CGC to help and teach him.

Animal02

Banned
Right now the big difference ( other than all the 5 star players ) are the coordinators and assistant coaches . We have some good but very young coaches that need time to grow. The only one I worry about is the offensive coordinator. I think CAT will be a good defensive coordinator and has CGC to help and teach him.
Well that and having a "Turf management" degree

LibertyTurns

Banned
Well that and having a "Turf management" degree
Don’t knock it. You have to understand when to cut the grass, when to water it, put fertilizer or bug killer on it, etc. Otherwise you end up with dead grass,

Bigger advantage is they convinced 25k+ people to donate over $60M a year. Imagine GT generating $60M annually in donations to sustain our athletic programs. It takes GT 3 years to raise what Clemp does in 1 year.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, Geoff is only now just starting his third year as a P5 head football coach, and his first at a school that presents many difficult and unique challenges.

He currently has a seven-year contract to prove his worth.

His “style” is something to see, but it remains to be seen whether he can match it with substance.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, Geoff is only now just starting his third year as a P5 head football coach, and his first at a school that presents many difficult and unique challenges.

He currently has a seven-year contract to prove his worth.

His “style” is something to see, but it remains to be seen whether he can match it with substance.
I believe it is his first year at a P5 school.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
No he still looks goofy but knows his place.
No he doesn’t. If he did, they wouldn’t have this guy.
Edit: I just realized you might have been talking about Dabo looking goofy (true) rather than Venables looking goofy (true).
ecc4fb4346eac02c6e49e63da018e2cc.jpg

GT_EE78

Banned
I thought Dabo was a stop gap hire. Thought he was goofy as hell and would fail and be fired in 2 years.

I think CGC is goofy as hell with a lot of the hype stuff......Championships are thus preordained now.
You're Right! Even Dabo was a cornball his first few years. he's solid now (but was even preaching big Yogurt (culture))
I think once CGC is established ,the goofiness will tone down or go away.
Let him sell the program his way.
I can overlook most of the irritating things to get to a winning program.
Who can forget this timeless classic (from the era when Spurrier was beating the crap out of Bowden)
"The Dabo Song"

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You're Right! Even Dabo was a cornball his first few years. he's solid now (but was even preaching big Yogurt (culture))
I think once CGC is established ,the goofiness will tone down or go away.
Let him sell the program his way.
I can overlook most of the irritating things to get to a winning program.
Who can forget this timeless classic (from the era when Spurrier was beating the crap out of Bowden)
"The Dabo Song"

I wonder if that guy ever made a crow eat vid? Got to admit that’s quite funny and clever. It’s even funnier now that is so wrong.