Cuse Postgame

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Wow, don’t let this one miserable human being stop the rest of us from enjoying something that we haven’t seen in half a decade.
A lot of people seemed to have gotten off track here with 1 mutt troll.

I knew we'd won when they brought in McFail. Right on cue he threw an INT on his first play.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I can’t shutoff the part of my brain that actually looks at things logically. Maybe the business world has ruined me in that sense. I don’t expect much next week but hopefully we can win a bowl game and get the team back to a reasonably good level of play next year. Go Jackets!
That’s a really passive aggressive thing to say. You don’t think the rest of us are capable of being logical? So you need to come on here and straighten out all of us poor benighted and misguided souls? You must be an absolute joy to work with in “the business world.”

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad for the team, especially for the seniors who had not been to a bowl game. A longing fulfilled is a tree of life (Prov 13:12).

The wide screens, for most of season, have not been effective. And yet they keep running this play, at least three times last night. I cringe every time King throws out there.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
That’s true, I haven’t posted in a while and I was curious to see the reaction after tonight’s game. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I know Collins did a number on our fan base but I didnt think it was this bad. We barely beat a bad team playing a TE at QB to get to an 6-6 record and people are over the moon joyful. I honestly wish I could have that same mindset.
Lol! I don't know who is worse. Collins as our coach or you as a fan. It is a tossup.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We are celebrating a 6-6 season after a close win over a bad team like we just won the Super Bowl. We used to fire coaches for doing better than this every year. Amazing how far things have fallen.
In some contexts what you describe is a failure. In some it is a win. Key addressed this in his postgame comments referencing the 6-5 season in 1997, plus a bowl win. Wes Durham talked about it, too. 1997 was the year their heads popped up above water after the disaster of the B*** L**** years. They went on to conference and Gator Bowl champs the next year, top 10 rankings after that, and almost two decades straight of bowls. You may retain your thinking, if that is that you choose to do, but I choose to see the progress and the fighting spirit these young men have exhibited this season. It has not been easy against a pretty tough schedule while regaining their confidence over and over after a stumble. It hasn't been pretty, but it has been successful at the level it needed to be this season. We go up from here.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad for the team, especially for the seniors who had not been to a bowl game. A longing fulfilled is a tree of life (Prov 13:12).

The wide screens, for most of season, have not been effective. And yet they keep running this play, at least three times last night. I cringe every time King throws out there.
That play is called when the secondary is aligned a certain way. I agree, I've never seen it work. But I trust our OC. He has done a great job. We need to sign him up long term.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
BTW, from what I could ascertain, Syracuse used the same D as Clemson. Rush King, limiting time to throw, and play man to man, daring us to try to run. Am i wrong? Anyone?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
BTW, from what I could ascertain, Syracuse used the same D as Clemson. Rush King, limiting time to throw, and play man to man, daring us to try to run. Am i wrong? Anyone?
That seems to be the consensus prescription. I think the way to beat that is for King to tuck it and run - make them pay for their commitment to rush him. I'd also like to see some (real) screens and draws. That's the old-fashioned way to beat a blitz.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm so happy and tired and still a little drunk. Happy for the coaches and happy for the players, But in all honesty these night games are killing this old man. I get all wind up and can't go to sleep till after 2 am and have to get up and take the dog out to do her business thinking it would be easier to just clean it up inside.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We are celebrating a 6-6 season after a close win over a bad team like we just won the Super Bowl. We used to fire coaches for doing better than this every year. Amazing how far things have fallen.
Yep, the bar got lowered.
There is NOT a magic button/word that's going to turn GT into a 10+ game winner overnight, not even the"magic of the portal" will do it.
Enjoy the fact that we are bowl eligible the year.
CBK has us heading in the right direction. Granted, that's just my opinion.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about everyone else, but leaving BDS last night after waiting for the crowd to thin, there was a "stepping out of a dark tunnel, into the light" feeling it seemed.

I'm glad I waited around. There was a lot of smiles and hugs going around with players, coaches, staff, and fans.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Geoff? Geoff Collins? I had no idea you were still on our boards….

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm so happy and tired and still a little drunk. Happy for the coaches and happy for the players, But in all honesty these night games are killing this old man. I get all wind up and can't go to sleep till after 2 am and have to get up and take the dog out to do her business thinking it would be easier to just clean it up inside.
Damn, I could have written that. It was 2:05 when I put the iPad down, turned off the tv after watching ACC huddle, and took the Yorkie out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
That’s true, I haven’t posted in a while and I was curious to see the reaction after tonight’s game. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I know Collins did a number on our fan base but I didnt think it was this bad. We barely beat a bad team playing a TE at QB to get to an 6-6 record and people are over the moon joyful. I honestly wish I could have that same mindset.
I think most of us understand where you are coming from, but would rather choose to celebrate the progress we have made over the last 19 games relative to the 38 games prior.
Are we where we want to be? Nope, not yet, however we think we see that we can get there.