Cuse Postgame

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You’re getting yourself all worked up. Quit trying to make a legal case for being upset about winning. That’s not how this is supposed to work.
A quick look shows this particular poster hasn't posted anything in over a year. Apparently he or she is upset that most of us here are enjoying this season, which apparently does not meet his or her lofty ideals of how we should be reacting at the moment. It's annoying but, as best I can recall, being annoying af is NOT against board policy.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Gutty win by the boys! Had me thinking, "here we go again". Glad they were not thinking that way. I really think we could have run on these guys a lot more. We need to limit the quick screens, it's just not working enough. Our best chance against the Dawgs is to line up and run between the tackles and shorten the game. They will crowd the box and we can throw a couple over their heads. If they help us a couple of times we got a puncher's chance. Just need to punch them in the mouth and then kick them in the face.

Go Jackets!

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Great TEAM win. We’ve all been hard on the defense this year(and the unit has deserved plenty of the criticism), but you gotta give credit where credit is due. The defense kept the 3rd quarter meltdown from losing us the game. Force a three and out and missed FG after the INT and a 4th down stop after the fumble. These guys made plays. Gutsy play by the Hayneses (see what I did there?) the last drive.

I am very proud of this team. The BG game could have really been the moment we packed in and called it another wasted season. This team is growing. There are still growing pains. We still have a long way to go, but 10-9 is a pretty drastic improvement from 10-28.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
A quick look shows this particular poster hasn't posted anything in over a year. Apparently he or she is upset that most of us here are enjoying this season, which apparently does not meet his or her lofty ideals of how we should be reacting at the moment. It's annoying but, as best I can recall, being annoying af is NOT against board policy.
That’s true, I haven’t posted in a while and I was curious to see the reaction after tonight’s game. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I know Collins did a number on our fan base but I didnt think it was this bad. We barely beat a bad team playing a TE at QB to get to an 6-6 record and people are over the moon joyful. I honestly wish I could have that same mindset.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
That’s true, I haven’t posted in a while and I was curious to see the reaction after tonight’s game. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I know Collins did a number on our fan base but I didnt think it was this bad. We barely beat a bad team playing a TE at QB to get to an 6-6 record and people are over the moon joyful. I honestly wish I could have that same mindset.

Context matters. The previous coach went 10-28. The new regime is currently 10-9. That’s a pretty quick turn around from absolutely terrible to average. We are trending up. Who’s to say he can’t get us from average to good just as quickly next year?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I bet you don't get happy when the McRib comes back either.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You actually can. It's a choice you can make. You don't have to be miserable.
I can’t shutoff the part of my brain that actually looks at things logically. Maybe the business world has ruined me in that sense. I don’t expect much next week but hopefully we can win a bowl game and get the team back to a reasonably good level of play next year. Go Jackets!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
We are celebrating a 6-6 season after a close win over a bad team like we just won the Super Bowl. We used to fire coaches for doing better than this every year. Amazing how far things have fallen.
If you cant enjoy the process of wiping that Collins stank off our *** and starting to turn a corner with what looks to be a decent coach, then it is time for you to move on and root for some other team.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
Dude you’re complaining and posturing about people’s reaction to a bunch of kids playing a game in a sport that’s wildly absurd and imbalanced across the board.

Where’s the logic?
Some people aren’t ever happy so they want to ruin it for everyone that finds some joy in life.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
As I recall, we weren't running the ball well in the second half (nothing was working) until the game clinching drive.
7 rushes for 59 yards in the second half before the final drive; we just got away from the run for whatever reason. It was working well.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
7 rushes for 59 yards in the second half before the final drive; we just got away from the run for whatever reason. It was working well.
46 of those came on the first two plays, then 5 for 13 yards.

We woulda been happier if that 16 yarder wasn’t a fumble and if they hadn’t then gotten stuffed for a couple drives, but was there a substantial play call difference in the five runs that didn’t go anywhere compared to the first two that did?

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Great TEAM win. We’ve all been hard on the defense this year(and the unit has deserved plenty of the criticism), but you gotta give credit where credit is due. The defense kept the 3rd quarter meltdown from losing us the game. Force a three and out and missed FG after the INT and a 4th down stop after the fumble. These guys made plays. Gutsy play by the Hayneses (see what I did there?) the last drive.

I am very proud of this team. The BG game could have really been the moment we packed in and called it another wasted season. This team is growing. There are still growing pains. We still have a long way to go, but 10-9 is a pretty drastic improvement from 10-28.
D was impressive. We came in with a unique gameplan (playing 1 CB) executed well. Safeties/LBs played physical ln those WR screens, and we didn’t give up any back breaking runs. 44 and 4 had their best games as yellow jackets.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
46 of those came on the first two plays, then 5 for 13 yards.

We woulda been happier if that 16 yarder wasn’t a fumble and if they hadn’t then gotten stuffed for a couple drives, but was there a substantial play call difference in the five runs that didn’t go anywhere compared to the first two that did?
Ok, yea. If you take away all of the good plays then there weren’t any good plays.

gtg021x

Georgia Tech Fan
Gutty win by the boys! Had me thinking, "here we go again". Glad they were not thinking that way. I really think we could have run on these guys a lot more. We need to limit the quick screens, it's just not working enough. Our best chance against the Dawgs is to line up and run between the tackles and shorten the game. They will crowd the box and we can throw a couple over their heads. If they help us a couple of times we got a puncher's chance. Just need to punch them in the mouth and then kick them in the face.

Go Jackets!
And with a (relatively) short week, can we come up for something to get Singleton out of the dropsies??? We have to have him as a vertical threat for this to work. Our other receivers will also have to be top of their game, but if I'm Smart I'm coming after King and taking the risk with Singleton.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Dude you’re complaining and posturing about people’s reaction to a bunch of kids playing a game in a sport that’s wildly absurd and imbalanced across the board.

Where’s the logic?
Then why did we fire the previous guy? Of course you can logically evaluate the results on the field.