Cuse Postgame

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Then why did we fire the previous guy? Of course you can logically evaluate the results on the field.
Why did we fire the other guy? Because he sucked, clearly. The new guy has a winning record though 19 games. The other guy had won 5 of his first 19. This is clearly a night and day turnaround. Nobody is thrilled to win 6 games. Nobody is pounding their chest claiming that “we’re back.” People are celebrating a win and a season that shows we are clearly moving back in the right direction. 6-6 is not an end goal for anyone, but it is a stepping stone for what we want the end goals to be.

Really if you can’t see that, can’t feel that, can’t process that, I’m not sure Georgia Tech football, or college football in general is something you should invest your time and energy into. It would be a lot better for that big ole logistical businessman noggin you got up there.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is the progress. We went from being a 5 win team to a 6 win team thanks mostly to the worst coaching mistake in the history of college football. I guess that can be seen as progress but it honestly isn’t much better.
Maybe find a different hobby, dude.
This stuff is for entertainment purposes only when you boil it all down.
What's the point of letting yourself be this miserable over kids playing football?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Whew, was there so didn’t get as much detail as tv, but our defense played with a lot of passion and toughness.

Our offense lapsing into unable-to-sustain-a-drive mode became awful in Q3 and let cuse back in the game. We were so crisp on our first drive, made big plays after that, and then the final big drive was terrific, but we were lost for a while.

Cuse runs an odd one dimensional offense given essentially no qb but still caused us problems. I wondered if playing cuse right now is a little like playing us when we ran PJ’s offense, unconventional, odd, problematic. How many screens out wide did they run? They were 15 of 16 passing, so guess they ran it 16 times.

Whatever hey we hung on to win.
CPJ's offense was explosive. Lots of big plays. The Cuse offense is just offensive. For the most part we held them in check. A few dumb mistakes made it a closer game than it should have been. We won AND we covered the spread. That's a good day.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s true, I haven’t posted in a while and I was curious to see the reaction after tonight’s game. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I know Collins did a number on our fan base but I didnt think it was this bad. We barely beat a bad team playing a TE at QB to get to an 6-6 record and people are over the moon joyful. I honestly wish I could have that same mindset.
Everyone keeps saying we are 6-6. We are 6-5. Should we just forfeit next week's game? Granted we will be huge underdogs but stranger things have happened.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Why did we fire the other guy? Because he sucked, clearly. The new guy has a winning record though 19 games. The other guy had won 5 of his first 19. This is clearly a night and day turnaround. Nobody is thrilled to win 6 games. Nobody is pounding their chest claiming that “we’re back.” People are celebrating a win and a season that shows we are clearly moving back in the right direction. 6-6 is not an end goal for anyone, but it is a stepping stone for what we want the end goals to be.

Really if you can’t see that, can’t feel that, can’t process that, I’m not sure Georgia Tech football, or college football in general is something you should invest your time and energy into. It would be a lot better for that big ole logistical businessman noggin you got up there.
This is just overlooking last year. We went 5-7 last year with two wins over ranked teams. Key was 4-4. We are almost certainly going 6-6 this year with two wins over ranked teams this year. Where was the drastic improvement that you saw over last year? Without Miami refusing to take a knee for some reason we would have regressed this year. This game tonight in particular was fairly bad. We get a 21 point lead and nearly squander it to a team that has lost 5 of their last 6 games because they don't have a QB. That's how we dragged ourselves into a 6 win season. Any decent team would have blown Syracuse out tonight. A bad VT team beat them by 4 TDs. Im just not as sold on this rocket upward trajectory that you seem to be seeing. There is little evidence that it exists. It was a really mediocre game and a really mediocre season.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
And with a (relatively) short week, can we come up for something to get Singleton out of the dropsies??? We have to have him as a vertical threat for this to work. Our other receivers will also have to be top of their game, but if I'm Smart I'm coming after King and taking the risk with Singleton.
If I’m Smart, I’m keeping two safeties deep to control the vertical threat, having my big *** corners man handle our small WRs, letting my linebackers control the run, and getting to King by only rushing 4 every play.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Everyone keeps saying we are 6-6. We are 6-5. Should we just forfeit next week's game? Granted we will be huge underdogs but stranger things have happened.
I guess thats true but considering they have won 27 in a row and have beaten teams better than us by 4+ TDs the past two weeks the odds of a win seem pretty low. I will gladly retract everything I have said if we pull off that miracle.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
If I’m Smart, I’m keeping two safeties deep to control the vertical threat, having my big *** corners man handle our small WRs, letting my linebackers control the run, and getting to King by only rushing 4 every play.

If I’m Smart, my first order of business upon arriving to Atlanta is to find a barbershop that can finally give me a grownup haircut.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This is just overlooking last year. We went 5-7 last year with two wins over ranked teams. Key was 4-4. We are almost certainly going 6-6 this year with two wins over ranked teams this year. Where was the drastic improvement that you saw over last year? Without Miami refusing to take a knee for some reason we would have regressed this year. This game tonight in particular was fairly bad. We get a 21 point lead and nearly squander it to a team that has lost 5 of their last 6 games because they don't have a QB. That's how we dragged ourselves into a 6 win season. Any decent team would have blown Syracuse out tonight. A bad VT team beat them by 4 TDs. Im just not as sold on this rocket upward trajectory that you seem to be seeing. There is little evidence that it exists. It was a really mediocre game and a really mediocre season.
Just stop my man. If you really feel that way stop coming to this board. Stop watching the games. This is good for nobody, especially not for you. If you can’t find even a hint of joy from this game and from this season, then it’s over for you. You found out Santa Clause isn’t real and there’s no more magic in the holiday. That’s fine, but don’t be the kid that goes to school and tries to ruin everyone else’s fun. Take a break, because if you aren’t even a little satisfied, you probably will never be

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Just stop my man. If you really feel that way stop coming to this board. Stop watching the games. This is good for nobody, especially not for you. If you can’t find even a hint of joy from this game and from this season, then it’s over for you. You found out Santa Clause isn’t real and there’s no more magic in the holiday. That’s fine, but don’t be the kid that goes to school and tries to ruin everyone else’s fun. Take a break, because if you aren’t even a little satisfied, you probably will never be
This is dumb. All of the talk of joy and being miserable is just you guys projecting your own desired emotions onto other people. You have no idea what I feel, nor is it relevant. I actually feel fine tonight if you must know. Im just disappointed with tonight's performance and the season in general. Feel free to disagree without pretending to be Dr Phil.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This is dumb. All of the talk of joy and being miserable is just you guys projecting your own desired emotions onto other people. You have no idea what I feel, nor is it relevant. I actually feel fine tonight if you must know. Im just disappointed with tonight's performance and the season in general. Feel free to disagree without pretending to be Dr Phil.
Hope you get better man! JACKETS ARE BOWLING!!

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
This thread has gotten to be way too much about this guy. Let his stew in his own juices and let us get back to talking about the team.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
That’s true, I haven’t posted in a while and I was curious to see the reaction after tonight’s game. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. I know Collins did a number on our fan base but I didnt think it was this bad. We barely beat a bad team playing a TE at QB to get to an 6-6 record and people are over the moon joyful. I honestly wish I could have that same mindset.
1700392626587.png

Last edited:

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Its never as good or as bad as we think (requirement to be a tech fan) ....its always important to maintain an honest perspective AFTER celebrating this hopefully defining moment! Go jackets!

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If we’re being “objective” we’re all incredibly silly for caring so much about sports, ya? No need to be the fan police.
People with S.T.E.M. backgrounds are, and should be, performance-driven and critical in the relentless pursuit of perfection, whether sending sending rockets to Mars, building skyscrapers or playing football. We can still be critical and happy with incremental achievements.