Cuse Postgame

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We are celebrating a 6-6 season after a close win over a bad team like we just won the Super Bowl. We used to fire coaches for doing better than this every year. Amazing how far things have fallen.
That’s your perspective, huh? Not exactly the lead story tonight, though, is it? Here’s the story. We’ve finally broken the Collins curse and are climbing out of a deep hole and are going to a bowl for the first time in five years.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say one negative thing though. Horace Lockett should apologize to every player and coach on the team.

Spitting on someone, I don’t care who, is unacceptable. Tech players are representing more than themselves.

Not only that, but he took himself out for ~1/2 the game tonight. Very unfortunate decision by the young man. But I want him to learn and grow.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is the progress. We went from being a 5 win team to a 6 win team thanks mostly to the worst coaching mistake in the history of college football. I guess that can be seen as progress but it honestly isn’t much better.
Pretty sure Collins never won 5, but ok.

You wanna be miserable if you don’t win every game? Go root for UGA, and then whoever wins big next. Cause you ain’t gonna be happy pretending you’re too good for the rest of us here.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
We are celebrating a 6-6 season after a close win over a bad team like we just won the Super Bowl. We used to fire coaches for doing better than this every year. Amazing how far things have fallen.
I think many of us are encouraged by the progress - and are proud of our student-athletes and those who coach and lead them. Don’t think anyone has compared it to the Super Bowl. I’m sorry you don’t appreciate it … but hey, you do you.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is the progress. We went from being a 5 win team to a 6 win team thanks mostly to the worst coaching mistake in the history of college football. I guess that can be seen as progress but it honestly isn’t much better.
Such a dumb thing to say. We went 70+ yards in 26 seconds. The coach’s mistake didn’t cause the fumble nor throw the TD pass. Players won the game. Discrediting them is shameful.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Whew, was there so didn’t get as much detail as tv, but our defense played with a lot of passion and toughness.

Our offense lapsing into unable-to-sustain-a-drive mode became awful in Q3 and let cuse back in the game. We were so crisp on our first drive, made big plays after that, and then the final big drive was terrific, but we were lost for a while.

Cuse runs an odd one dimensional offense given essentially no qb but still caused us problems. I wondered if playing cuse right now is a little like playing us when we ran PJ’s offense, unconventional, odd, problematic. How many screens out wide did they run? They were 15 of 16 passing, so guess they ran it 16 times.

Whatever hey we hung on to win.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure Collins never won 5, but ok.

You wanna be miserable if you don’t win every game? Go root for UGA, and then whoever wins big next. Cause you ain’t gonna be happy pretending you’re too good for the rest of us here.
I’m not miserable, just objective. I’m not as giddy over tonight’s performance as some, nor am I that excited with a 6-6 season with multiple double digit losses to bad teams, and a miracle victory that should have never happened. Heres Hoping we can get back to being mad at easily winning 7 games.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I’m not miserable, just objective. I’m not as giddy over tonight’s performance as some, nor am I that excited with a 6-6 season with multiple double digit losses to bad teams, and a miracle victory that should have never happened. Heres Hoping we can get back to being mad at easily winning 7 games.
We'll get to 7 wins by the end of the bowl game😉 maybe 8.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
They were 15 of 16 passing, so guess they ran it 16 times.
This means their TE/QB went 15 for 15. I just did a quick Google search (not definitive) but this will put him atop the list for highest completion percentage in a single game. The former record (apparently) was set by a former QB at Uga (grayson Lamvert?0 who went 24-25 previously (or 96%). While the routes were simple, that is a historic accomplishment, especially for a kid who isn't even a true QB.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You’re getting yourself all worked up. Quit trying to make a legal case for being upset about winning. That’s not how this is supposed to work.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll say it, Just get the hell out of here for the night. How are you going to piss on the parade after the last 3 years?