Credit for the Win today

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Ksu was a game where a good many people this week asked me, “is this going to be a game”? I told them we win convincingly. Proud of our guys for taking care of business and leaving no doubt. I understand who the opponent was, and that they are fcs, but there were lot of fans saying that we would struggle against the option again. Bottom line is that we took care of business. There’s much stiffer competition coming up, but I’m hoping that we can focus on the positives of this game and stay behind these guys. It’s a long season and there’s plenty of football left to play thank goodness. Everyone thought we would start 2-2. Win one of the next two and we’re there, albeit unconventionally.

Posters came out of the woodworks last week to pile on our program and get their pound of flesh. There has been very minimal postgame chatter in general today after a win. I’m not at all a rah rah guy and I understand where we’re at right now, but I feel like we need to stay behind these guys whether you like the coach or not. Fingers crossed that this can be a thread where we can stay positive, at least for a week, and make this board more enjoyable.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
One game at a time....its like eating an elephant,
one bite at a time

We will be in Death Valley this weekend looking to be a much better team than what we were in ATL last year...

Plus, Clempson is closer to the house than Bobby Dodd.....
😂

Shock the World GT!
That’s right one game at a time- look at FSU losing to FCS team. Notre Dame almost lost to Toledo- Plenty examples of craziness- That’s why we continue to watch and hope!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
One game at a time....its like eating an elephant,
one bite at a time

We will be in Death Valley this weekend looking to be a much better team than what we were in ATL last year...

Plus, Clempson is closer to the house than Bobby Dodd.....
😂

Shock the World GT!

Can you eat elephant?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
There has been very minimal postgame chatter in general today after a win. I
It's kinda like dog bites man. We were supposed to win and did. Credit should also go the the scheduler.

I listened to Saban's presser after Bama beat Mercer. He talked about missed assignments, penalties, etc and the expectation that players should be disciplined enough to be able to properly execute the play and their role. He didn't mention love once.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It's kinda like dog bites man. We were supposed to win and did. Credit should also go the the scheduler.

I listened to Saban's presser after Bama beat Mercer. He talked about missed assignments, penalties, etc and the expectation that players should be disciplined enough to be able to properly execute the play and their role. He didn't mention love once.
Nothing wrong with having a good relationship with your players and caring about them, that's probably a good thing. But I want to know what the team messed up on and how we are going to improve, and telling me how much you text each other daily doesn't satisfy anybody.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Exactly. Why has Collins not learned from the likes of Saban & O’Leary on how to respond after expected wins?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ksu was a game where a good many people this week asked me, “is this going to be a game”? I told them we win convincingly. Proud of our guys for taking care of business and leaving no doubt. I understand who the opponent was, and that they are fcs, but there were lot of fans saying that we would struggle against the option again. Bottom line is that we took care of business. There’s much stiffer competition coming up, but I’m hoping that we can focus on the positives of this game and stay behind these guys. It’s a long season and there’s plenty of football left to play thank goodness. Everyone thought we would start 2-2. Win one of the next two and we’re there, albeit unconventionally.

Posters came out of the woodworks last week to pile on our program and get their pound of flesh. There has been very minimal postgame chatter in general today after a win. I’m not at all a rah rah guy and I understand where we’re at right now, but I feel like we need to stay behind these guys whether you like the coach or not. Fingers crossed that this can be a thread where we can stay positive, at least for a week, and make this board more enjoyable.

slow down a minute, sport. I may not know much about football but I can talk about news, the plural of "new". Georgia Tech beating Kennesaw was not news. Georgia Tech losing to a team it was favored over by 18 points, more questionable coaching decisions, well, that is news. I didn't see Collins et al being unfairly pummeled, and they should not get a participation trophy for some school named Kennesaw.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer

That fire Geoff Collins thread is a who’s who of “where the F did they come from”. Those that just love to hate. Ah. HATERS.

We are going to have Geoff Collins until the end of next year no matter what, so those folks need to crawl back into the hole they came out of and STFU. They seemed to be trolling the chat as well.

We aren’t as talented in the trenches as some think to believe we are. Yes we have gotten some decent transfers but we are still generally young there. We have decent DL recruits but again it’s going to take 2-3 years for them to mature.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That fire Geoff Collins thread is a who’s who of “where the F did they come from”. Those that just love to hate. Ah. HATERS.

We are going to have Geoff Collins until the end of next year no matter what, so those folks need to crawl back into the hole they came out of and STFU. They seemed to be trolling the chat as well.

We aren’t as talented in the trenches as some think to believe we are. Yes we have gotten some decent transfers but we are still generally young there. We have decent DL recruits but again it’s going to take 2-3 years for them to mature.
somebody get off on your bad side I gather?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Through 2 games, I can say I honestly think we can play competitive against anyone but Clemson and you know who. But our margin for error is small enough that we can also look bad against most anyone. I have some optimism
why do you believe this?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Players will always have my support. Coaches have not earned it yet, although this game was a step in the right direction.
QFT.

I remain highly skeptical of our head coach especially after last week's post game comments, following an unacceptable performance. It will take FAR more than a win over an FCS school for me to even begin to forgive Collins for that.