CPJ Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Oh here we go...according to the rules that the twitter poster put out there, removing bowls. O'leary won 7.3 games per year. CPJ won 7.4. CPJ also won an ACC championship. I wonder where she had Ross ranked as he only won 6 games per year?
O'Leary also had an ACC championship.

Last edited:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I do not know if this 'tweet' thing is real but when people leave jobs, the departing person ALWAYS gets blamed for an organization's shortcomings, at least for a year or two. It's expected and it has happened to me as well. My former employees kept me in the loop. I thought it was funny at the time and expected nothing less. CPJ should let it go. If this is real of course.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I am probably one of the few that appreciated CPJ and I appreciate CGC. I am thankful for what Paul brought to this program, but I also am not blind to the limitations that his system had.

All men want to be appreciated, some men need to be appreciated and others bury that desire down so far that they think they have killed it. And then one day, it erupts in a tweet from a 63-year-old man, who probably should have simply let it go.

It is what it is coach.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting that he could have finished first or second in the Coastal every year but 1 and not qualify for a bowl 2 years--and go to crappy bowls many other years. Says more about the weakness of the Coastal than anything else.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I am probably one of the few that appreciated CPJ and I appreciate CGC. I am thankful for what Paul brought to this program, but I also am not blind to the limitations that his system had.

All men want to be appreciated, some men need to be appreciated and others bury that desire down so far that they think they have killed it. And then one day, it erupts in a tweet from a 63-year-old man, who probably should have simply let it go.

It is what it is coach.
Agreed. He and his TO gave us some recognition, separating us from the crowd. The limitations it imposed on recruiting could not have been overcome long term by ANY coach, IMO. I give him props for being an offensive genius, but recruiting not so much. His commitment to taking the snap under center made it very hard for us to get a true RPO , like so many elite QBs are now.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He can say what he wants. However, it is a bit humorous that it seems every few months when he pops a defensive tweet he drops the "I don't usually care but yet here I am caring" spill often. Just flat out admit it annoys you.
I wish he would continue to ignore ignorant comparisons, but if what he says is correct, it is pretty powerful evidence of his success at GT. But it is one of those "my mind is made up" kind of things, and nothing will change any opinion already formed. I am just surprised to see him tweeting anything.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

It is what it is coach.

I suspect there are a lot of fans that appreciated CPJ and appreciate CGC. I am certainly one of them. The ones that complaint are just always louder.

With that said, I mean, CPJ sent a tweet. I would not call that an "eruption." He didn't call the AJC or a radio show and put Tech on blast. He sent one tweet to defend his record on social media (likely in response to a fan). Nobody besides us message board/Twitter dorks even had a clue it happened. I am totally good with it so long as he is defending his record and not attacking the current staff, which he was not in any way here.

Cool. So we can expect to win the Coastal this year?
This is the fallacy that keeps being put out there. Yes, the Atlantic has Clemson and in some years had FSU as well. But when you match the head to head the Coastal always comes out better. And keep in mind we play Clemson every year. If you stacked up the divisions today, Yes there is Clemson. But UNC, UVA, Va Tech Miami and Pitt are much better than Louisville, NC St. Wake, BC etc.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
For those that hate the 3O, O'Leary will be ahead of PJ. For those that love the 3O, PJ will probably edge O'Leary. I appreciated both of them, and actually, I believe that the Fridge and PJ have some things in common in relationship to being offensive geniuses. O'Leary was able to "stretch" the acceptance rules (recruiting) a little more than PJ, if I remember correctly. PJ graduated a large number of his players, and I also appreciate that.

Anyway, my concern going forward is the current HC and staff. Are they really going to be able to turn the corner in a meaningful way? I don't know, and for sure, I have my doubts, but I definitely am pulling for them to do great things.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting that he could have finished first or second in the Coastal every year but 1 and not qualify for a bowl 2 years--and go to crappy bowls many other years. Says more about the weakness of the Coastal than anything else.
7 of 11, is not = every year but 1.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well....Coach Collins is only 7 games away from Lewis' tenure. Lewis coached 92,93, and 7 games in 94.
True, but it is still 7 games. Let's wait until the end of the next season to put him in a "tier" if anyone wants to do so. I stand corrected on Coach Alexander, from 1920 to 1944 a period of 24 years, Coach Alex as he was known, had 1 national championship in 1927 and 3 SEC championships, the sainted Dodd also had 1 national championship but only 2 SEC championships. The difference in perception I believe is that Coach Dodd's teams were more consistent. He never was in the basement of the SEC which Alexander managed to find himself in several times during the Depression years.
Well....Coach Collins is only 7 games away from Lewis' tenure. Lewis coached 92,93, and 7 games in 94.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Cool. So we can expect to win the Coastal this year?
Without a doubt we have the worst fanbase .
It may be whiney and obsessed with stuff like uniforms and such but I would submit that it is nothing like say, Miami's or Tennessee's fan bases. Has anyone seen a plane circling BDS with a banner demanding ANY Tech coach, much less Coach Collins be fired? Has anyone rioted and burned furniture like Tennessee did a few years ago? Apathetic is the most apt description for Tech fans but when you have won 6 games in the last two years, well, there is a remedy for this...its called winning ball games.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
It may be whiney and obsessed with stuff like uniforms and such but I would submit that it is nothing like say, Miami's or Tennessee's fan bases. Has anyone seen a plane circling BDS with a banner demanding ANY Tech coach, much less Coach Collins be fired? Has anyone rioted and burned furniture like Tennessee did a few years ago? Apathetic is the most apt description for Tech fans but when you have won 6 games in the last two years, well, there is a remedy for this...its called winning ball games.
I was at the game where they played a public service announcement by Chan Gailey and everyone started booing. So pretty much, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.