CPJ Sendoff?

Give it a few years. The AA is trying to sell something new, and the fan base was divided on what they thought of CPJ, no reason to stir the pot of old regime vs new era right now.

Bring him back when the dust settles in 5-7 years. Otherwise we’re moving on to a new culture/brand/narrative in the near term.

Have we ever done anything similar for O’Leary for the fridge? I can’t think of any, but it’s possible.
CPJ retired; O'Leary quit. There's a big difference, although O'Leary probably deserves some kind of recognition at some point. I think Fridge has been honored at a half-time sometime in the past

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ retired; O'Leary quit. There's a big difference, although O'Leary probably deserves some kind of recognition at some point. I think Fridge has been honored at a half-time sometime in the past

So Heisman and Bobby Ross were quitters too? Take their names out of the stadium...lol

O’Leary was a hell of a coach and did a ton to elevate our program out of the Lewis years and into the national stage.

Also if you’ve listened to any PJ interview he isn’t retiring. He just negotiated a retirement close that was mutually beneficial to both parties and led to an amicable separation.

So Heisman and Bobby Ross were quitters too? Take their names out of the stadium...lol

O’Leary was a hell of a coach and did a ton to elevate our program out of the Lewis years and into the national stage.

Also if you’ve listened to any PJ interview he isn’t retiring. He just negotiated a retirement close that was mutually beneficial to both parties and led to an amicable separation.
Obviously, you are correct about Heisman and Ross, and O'Leary did a great job at Tech, but it was more because of Fridge than him. I didn't like the circumstance surrounding O'Leary's move, and he also added to the baggage while at UCF with the death of one of his players there. Ask @Augusta_Jacket about that. He is VERY adamant about it.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Obviously, you are correct about Heisman and Ross, and O'Leary did a great job at Tech, but it was more because of Fridge than him. I didn't like the circumstance surrounding O'Leary's move, and he also added to the baggage while at UCF with the death of one of his players there. Ask @Augusta_Jacket about that. He is VERY adamant about it.

I think it was hard for Tech to publicly embrace GOL for a long time, both because of resume gate and the UCF tragedy. However, with his connection to TStan and Collins, I wouldn't be surprised if that changes some.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oh if he's gettign inducted into a HOF class you can bet he'll be at Bobby dodd. He may also be at a lot of games next year. I know he's gone to several basketball games this year as a fan. Don't be surprised if you see him sitting in the stands with his wife come fall.

I’ll be surprised if he’s at a single one.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I told everyone in an earlier post that you had complete disdain for O'Leary. Thanks for proving it and explaining why.

I understand people love him because he won some big games here, but the way he treats his players is horrible, and his integrity was in question anyways after the ND fiasco. I can't find any reason why GT should formally recognize a guy who lied to them, embarrassed them, and was held negligent in the death f a player.