CPJ Sendoff?

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
The announcement email about CPJ stepping down said, "Plans for a public celebration of Johnson’s terrific career on The Flats will be finalized in the near future. "

I wonder if anyone has heard anything - have I missed it? I would like to participate if possible in this event if they still have it.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Believe they already had something, though I think it was small, just former players and very connected folks. Hopefully, they will do something at Bobby Dodd at the appropriate time, pre-game or something.
Yeah, I'm not connected at all! But I would really love the opportunity to take my dad to see him one last time - Spring Game sounds like a good plan. Maybe that will happen. :)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Doubt it happens. Maybe in 5-10 years.

I wouldn't think it would be that long, but I can definitely see them not wanting to do it this year so as not to take attention away from the new coach and direction.

In a couple of years, I could see a CPJ bobblehead night. Or if he does, in fact, end up in the CFB Hall of Fame down the line, I'm sure GT will make a big to do of that, as well.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't think it would be that long, but I can definitely see them not wanting to do it this year so as not to take attention away from the new coach and direction.

In a couple of years, I could see a CPJ bobblehead night. Or if he does, in fact, end up in the CFB Hall of Fame down the line, I'm sure GT will make a big to do of that, as well.

Oh if he's gettign inducted into a HOF class you can bet he'll be at Bobby dodd. He may also be at a lot of games next year. I know he's gone to several basketball games this year as a fan. Don't be surprised if you see him sitting in the stands with his wife come fall.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The announcement email about CPJ stepping down said, "Plans for a public celebration of Johnson’s terrific career on The Flats will be finalized in the near future. "

I wonder if anyone has heard anything - have I missed it? I would like to participate if possible in this event if they still have it.

I thought the bowl game was the sendoff.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Give it a few years. The AA is trying to sell something new, and the fan base was divided on what they thought of CPJ, no reason to stir the pot of old regime vs new era right now.

Bring him back when the dust settles in 5-7 years. Otherwise we’re moving on to a new culture/brand/narrative in the near term.

Have we ever done anything similar for O’Leary for the fridge? I can’t think of any, but it’s possible.