CPJ Radio Show

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It was a good show tonight. I just got back. I won a GT hat at one of the commercial breaks! Wohoo! I had a nice Chat with Gpdm and the Alley Cat. Said hi to croberts, Buzz for Prez, and Mrs. Dr. Jacket. Best part of all was getting to meet Whiskey-Clear for the first time. It is great to put a face with a handle.

I think CPJ was as honest and as straight forward as he possibly could be. I know we are all a bit down with the recent results, but the man just gives me confidence. I gotta be honest too!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This gives me hope for next year, after all the injuries and young players we still have been in every game but the Clemson game. Including Florida state the teams we have played besides the first two are 33 and 4 and all ranked in the top 25 but one, yet we still could have pulled out 3 or 4 wins. if we just keep progressing and can step up more on d we should start to win games, and keep it going into next year.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
This gives me hope for next year, after all the injuries and young players we still have been in every game but the Clemson game. Including Florida state the teams we have played besides the first two are 33 and 4 and all ranked in the top 25 but one, yet we still could have pulled out 3 or 4 wins. if we just keep progressing and can step up more on d we should start to win games, and keep it going into next year.
Kinda sounds like last seasons men's BB team doesn't it?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Man, I feel so left out. :( I envy you guys getting to be there. But, I do hope to be back next week.

Tell me about it...I was actually there, and was one of the people who chatted with @MrsDrJacket...feeling very :(:( right now, for being left off her list of "good company".

Heck, even my own wife didn't enjoy my company, apparently:
I enjoyed seeing most of the regulars tonight ...

;);)

More seriously though, as @Boomergump pointed out, Coach was very forthright (and quite talkative) tonight. I think he was making a conscious effort to avoid any on-air banter that might convey a cavalier attitude about where things stand. You could see during a couple of the breaks that he was still throwing a few friendly (off-air) barbs at Brandon, but he was respecting the fans by keeping the on-air discussion serious.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Was great to meet @MrsDrJacket, @Boomergump, @RamblinRev and a couple of nice gentlemen dining with MrsDr. Wish I had met more but was crunched a bit by time. Got there a few minutes after the show started. Dipped out pretty quick because I had to park in a private lot I feared my truck would get towed from. :confused: Hoping to get to another before the season ends so I can chat more and meet some that I missed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wasn't as big as the other one I've been to, last season post UGA game. Was a pretty decent crowd IMO though especially considering current record. As others have said the show itself was a bit less jovial and was a bit matter of fact in the questions and answers...so probably fewer opportunities for much crowd reaction.

As for my own reaction to the show...man I respect CPJ's tolerance of and patience with some the questions from callers.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tell me about it...I was actually there, and was one of the people who chatted with @MrsDrJacket...feeling very :(:( right now, for being left off her list of "good company".

Heck, even my own wife didn't enjoy my company, apparently:

;);)

More seriously though, as @Boomergump pointed out, Coach was very forthright (and quite talkative) tonight. I think he was making a conscious effort to avoid any on-air banter that might convey a cavalier attitude about where things stand. You could see during a couple of the breaks that he was still throwing a few friendly (off-air) barbs at Brandon, but he was respecting the fans by keeping the on-air discussion serious.
If it counts for anything, you were one of the first people that @MrsDrJacket mentioned when I got home last night. I told Whiskey_Clear that he missed out on meeting you all, and that he needs to come back.

Yep, I think the show has taken on the tone that it was inevitably going to when the losses mounted.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't as big as the other one I've been to, last season post UGA game. Was a pretty decent crowd IMO though especially considering current record. As others have said the show itself was a bit less jovial and was a bit matter of fact in the questions and answers...so probably fewer opportunities for much crowd reaction.

As for my own reaction to the show...man I respect CPJ's tolerance of and patience with some the questions from callers.
Those end-of-season show attendances got huge in the wake of UGA win, etc. That was a fun time. But nothing baseline that "normal" weeks can be compared with. And, there's nothing normal about this time now I suppose.

Bandwagon fills up; bandwagon empties out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... man I respect CPJ's tolerance of and patience with some the questions from callers.

Like Lee (or Bob, Fred whoever the name escapes me, listened to show "live" while on the road and too lazy to listen again for the detail) asking about not passing to the wide open Brad Stewart ... Would have loved to have seen CPJs face as the question was asked. He was "polite" and did explain 7 men on line, being covered and the possibility of having the Aback on other side step up to the line and the receiver stepping back. But, did point out that when that happens the D usually covers said receiver.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Also thought it was funny when caller "X" asked - and I paraphrase - "how y'all doin'" and then says "hello, am I on the air" as CPJ and BG waited for a comment or question.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Were there not as many people there as in the past few weeks, or were they just quiet. I don't think I heard any audience reaction at all on the broadcast.

It was a decent sized crowd, but filled in much later than normal. They did not have the sound turned up very loud and I found it a little hard to hear and didn't make any extra noise due to that. Also there just aren't as many applause moments when so much of the discussion is about how poorly we played.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
It was a good show tonight. I just got back. I won a GT hat at one of the commercial breaks! Wohoo! I had a nice Chat with Gpdm and the Alley Cat. Said hi to croberts, Buzz for Prez, and Mrs. Dr. Jacket. Best part of all was getting to meet Whiskey-Clear for the first time. It is great to put a face with a handle.

I think CPJ was as honest and as straight forward as he possibly could be. I know we are all a bit down with the recent results, but the man just gives me confidence. I gotta be honest too!
Is @Whiskey_Clear as awesome in real life as he is on here???