CPJ Radio Show

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Techster- love your analogy but it was the movie "invincible" with Walburg
Sorry- I am not a, or should be a grammar nazi - just love my football movies

It was also in Any Given Sunday...though it may have been fingers, and not knuckles. Al Pacino was coaching up Jamie Foxx on what "tells" to look for from the DL before the snap. I thought Invincible was a rip off of that when I watched the movie.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, the solution is simple.

Give your QB one of the new Apple watches. Get somebody at Tech to write a mini-Enigma machine app. Send in a three number code. QB punches it into the app and knows the play! And, just like the krauts did, change the code sequences after each game!

Sure, I'm being a little facetious here. But try to tell me that someone isn't thinking about this right now.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Or we could allow one player on offense and one player on defense have a radio in their helmets like the NFL and not have any of this nonsense...

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, as CPJ mentioned, 109 passes against with no holding calls is absurd.

Prior to the show, I was wondering about this stat. It seems like it would be obvious that there is no way an OL doesn't hold from time to time and get called on it.

Is that over the whole season? Or just the latest streak? I don't think I can recall a single holding call this season.

Utterly ridiculous and GT should file a complaint to the ACC about it.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck

If you rewatch some of our games, including the MTSU game, you'll see Groh mouthing everything while gesturing ...

*arm gesture* ... "Fifty" ... *hang-ten sign, dipping pinky* ... "Hook" ... *index finger down, stirring motion* "Funnel" ...

I mean, you could literally watch him do the choo-choo arm motion and expect the Double A-Gap blitz coming. (tbh, I can't remember what our double a-gap blitz signal was)

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Prior to the show, I was wondering about this stat. It seems like it would be obvious that there is no way an OL doesn't hold from time to time and get called on it.

Is that over the whole season? Or just the latest streak? I don't think I can recall a single holding call this season.

Utterly ridiculous and GT should file a complaint to the ACC about it.

Current streak.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Their lineman did the smart thing by trying to hold Travis to keep him from recovering the ball. Travis made an outstanding effort to make the recovery. Both players did their job. The refs blew theirs.

Just needed to make sure this was looked at again. :)