CPJ radio show

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Make it 4 for gtswarm - I won the second duffel bag. We arrived 20 minutes later than the first two shows and weren't able to get our regular bar seats close to the stage. Hope that doesn't affect the outcome of the game on Saturday. It was much harder to hear further down the bar as nobody around us was there for the show.
If we lose, we're coming for you, pal.

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree completely with @DrJacket assessment (I think my wife and I sat close to you). Noise is a huge problem. I wasn't maybe 15 feet from CPJ and could not hear a thing at times. The bartenders and half the bar crowd talks at full volume throughout the show. It spreads to the Tech fans who cannot see the show. They start to make noise and then it's all over. By the end I couldn't the callers and most of what coach was saying. The old location was far better. Every single person upstairs at Hudson was there to enjoy the show and listen. Not the case at 3 Dollar.

Side note: The drunk patron at the bar actually won a pair of tickets for this week's game. He loudly argued for his girlfriend to not give the tickets to real fan, but rather they go and loudly cheer for Vandy. It took a lot of control for me to not make a scene. Doubt I'll have the same control next time...

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, I am not at the restaurant so I don't know the situation first hand. But I have to say I didn't notice as much background noise last night on the radio. Maybe I'm just getting better at tuning it out.

GTChE92

Georgia Tech Fan
It was my first time attending due to geography (in town recruiting). I must say that I was excited as I looked around the room - trying to match faces with screen names. I was, however, very disappointed with the acoustics. I was about 12 feet from the stage and had trouble hearing much of what was said. I felt like CPJ was being disrespected - just my take...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
CPJ supposed to be on college football XMRadio at 1:30. I guess I'll suffer through listening to this blowhard host until then so I can proivde a synopsis. Takin' one for the team. :(

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Interview synopsis:

Marble-mouth Gino Torretta fumbled through a question about GT's unfavorable scheduling from the ACC
- CPJ says can't do much about it, just get ready to play. Answer from league was that, "CLEM has the same short-week. CPJ told them, "Well CLEM is playing SCSt. so it's a little different!"
- Fortunate thing is that their coordinators are still the same which helps prep (continuity).

Where do you eval where your team is right now?
- You're not ever really where you want to be. Thinks BC has a really good defense, give them some credit.
- We got better on O last week but will learn more vs Vandy.

About taking the Ireland trip, then having to prepare for Mercer?
- He's sure there were some issues (jet lag, etc.) but the guys are a lot younger than him "I know it bugged me." - Guys seemed to re-adjust well.

Asked about bend/don't break D. Is he a guy that just cares about the points given up being less than what you scored
- Looks at more than that, looks at # of plays, average plays, etc. so you can compare apples to apples.
- Cited MTennSt running over 100 plays vs Vandy so the overall numbers don't compare unless you look deeper.
- Says our D is doing what we have to do but we can get better.

How much of D play is dependent on our offense controlling ball, etc.
- Didn't seem to agree with that assertion.
- Talked about creating more negative plays and getting off the field on 3rd down but the bottom line is if we allow 10 or less we're probably gonna win. (duh?)

Observations on how teams defend you
- Says all that talk is overblown. Most teams run some form of option now so we're not that special (my words, not his)
- Gun teams are read-option which is the same concepts as ours, we're just under center and our blocking is different. Didn't necessarily spell out how/why
- Most blocking is zoning, not hitting folks in the mouth.
- Says the ball is at the LOS rather than 5yds deep so it should hit faster.

Biggest concern with Vandy
- Pretty good defensively.
- TB and huge oline.
- Are more Stanford-like as a power-running team which is different than most of these zone teams.

Asked about JT. His role and the guys around him functioning.
- JT has a good grasp of what we're trying to do. If he stays healthy, he'll have a big year.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I agree completely with @DrJacket assessment (I think my wife and I sat close to you). Noise is a huge problem. I wasn't maybe 15 feet from CPJ and could not hear a thing at times. The bartenders and half the bar crowd talks at full volume throughout the show. It spreads to the Tech fans who cannot see the show. They start to make noise and then it's all over. By the end I couldn't the callers and most of what coach was saying. The old location was far better. Every single person upstairs at Hudson was there to enjoy the show and listen. Not the case at 3 Dollar.

Side note: The drunk patron at the bar actually won a pair of tickets for this week's game. He loudly argued for his girlfriend to not give the tickets to real fan, but rather they go and loudly cheer for Vandy. It took a lot of control for me to not make a scene. Doubt I'll have the same control next time...
:eek: Just so y'all know...that guy wasn't me. The tickets I won are going to to a friend who is a sidewalk fan and a huge Tech supporter...

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
:eek: Just so y'all know...that guy wasn't me. The tickets I won are going to to a friend who is a sidewalk fan and a huge Tech supporter...

Lol! I seriously doubt that was you. The guy was on his 6th Jameson on the rocks (that I knew about). He didn't sound too intelligent...

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Place is way too loud. There's no acoustic treatment to the ceilings at all. Just hard concrete to bounce sound.

The bartenders were really annoying. At Hudson, the staff recognized there was a live radio show happening and used inside voices. Not so at the new place.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's on CPJ's drive home. It'll be fine. It is what it is.
I wish it were that simple. :) I was told it was purely a business decision negotiated by IMG. Don't know any detail, but heard it was money.

Soon, we'll have a new AD. Friends, don't miss the chance to express yourselves if you feel strongly about it.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
I wish it were that simple. :) I was told it was purely a business decision negotiated by IMG. Don't know any detail, but heard it was money.

Soon, we'll have a new AD. Friends, don't miss the chance to express yourselves if you feel strongly about it.

I would be happy to express my feelings. To whom do you suggest I do so? IMG? The AD's office? Who is the ultimate decision maker here?

I was so disappointed last night that I couldn't hear a thing. I live 45 minutes away with no traffic. At rush hour, I have to leave home at 4:30 to ensure that the drive is only an hour or so. Any later, and it could easily be an hour and a half. So, when I arrived at 5:30 and was sitting at table very close to Coach Johnson and couldnt hear what he was saying, I was just incredibly frustrated. It shouldn't be like that.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not entirely sure. Certainly, a start would be to the IMG rep who's always there. But, the AD may be a more receptive ear once we get one.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This show has been awesome for us fans. Hugely entertaining and even informative. If the venue can't be improved it might be best to just pull the plug though.