CPJ Radio Show tonight at 7

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Was asked about standout players for UNC on D. Said they have a couple of good linebackers and said #8 is good. Said UNC plays us on D using pretty much same scheme as everyone else.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Final thoughts......(CPJ's not mine) Says he is only focused on the next game up. "Lost one at home and need to make it up on the road" Said Waller played well, did some good things, and will play more..."has a ton of ability". Says Keenun Stadium can be loud and should be fun place to play Saturday.
re recruits...said visits for recruits are unofficial visits...get between 120-140 per game. Mentioned Joe and Waggoner as well as D Moore interacting with them on game days.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Side note.... I really love hearing the 680 commercials during the break promoting themselves as. the talk radio home of the mutts....threw up in my mouth a little. GT needs to get this fixed IMO. Upchuck show follows CPJ show....turning that sucker off now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Look at the bright side, Keshun needed to be held which means he is getting better.

Oh, and to the guy who was afraid in the off season of Gotsis jumping to the League a year early... you can relax.

I don't know if I wrote it, but I am concerned about Gotsis going to the NFL next year. Mostly because of how essential he will be next year. If he catches fire the last half of the season, the positive evaluations will come when he checks his pre-draft chances. The NFL values raw talent very highly and Gotsis has that. Gotsis is older and the DL is not the place where you generally spend a lot of time playing and the risk of injury is high at all levels.

I think Gotsis is getting better - hopefully Boomer will continue to comment on him. If some one else on the DL starts warranting a double team, that will free up Gotsis to shine.

For the team, I really hope he stays since he will provide an anchor and continuity while next year's DL get experience. He will also get even better and have fewer double teams next year probably.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
Thats big news on Leggett.

Said last week it was probably too late.

I hope we play him.

I hope so, too, if the coaches think he's ready to be 2nd string.

Burning the redshirt doesn't hurt as much IMHO when we've got lands-Davis coming in next year.

Also Synjyn at AB improves perimeter blocking.

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't know if I wrote it, but I am concerned about Gotsis going to the NFL next year. Mostly because of how essential he will be next year. If he catches fire the last half of the season, the positive evaluations will come when he checks his pre-draft chances. The NFL values raw talent very highly and Gotsis has that. Gotsis is older and the DL is not the place where you generally spend a lot of time playing and the risk of injury is high at all levels.

I think Gotsis is getting better - hopefully Boomer will continue to comment on him. If some one else on the DL starts warranting a double team, that will free up Gotsis to shine.

For the team, I really hope he stays since he will provide an anchor and continuity while next year's DL get experience. He will also get even better and have fewer double teams next year probably.

Gotsis isn't near good enough to go to the NFL after 3 years. There's zero chance of this happening.

The only DL player that's been somewhat impressive thus far is Freeman.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that infuriated me from the show was PJ confirming the deliberate ankle twist on Justin was when he injured it. The video was posted yesterday on every Tech board I know of. PJ said that had they played the second half at the scheduled time it might have worked out. But after the long delay JT''a ankle had swelled. He said later that Justin missed a touchdown throw largely because he couldn't push off his right leg. And they didn't even get a personal foul out of it with the ref standing right over the play.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I could be wrong but it has appeared to me that Shawn Green is getting more double teams than Gotsis. Ive seen both receive them though. DEs need to take advantage.