CPJ Radio Show 9-28

I should have but is it going to do any good ? Nope! He is to stubborn for his own good to listen to some side walk fan. I don't care to hear his sarcastic answeres.We never once tried to disrupt duke. It blew my mind. I have always credited coach for making some in game changes but he TOTALLY screwed the offense on this.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
upload_2015-9-28_20-55-1.png

upload_2015-9-28_20-55-33.png

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
None to be found.

Yes--very little banter tonight; much more businesslike. I'm guessing Coach felt the need to be more forthright about the situation with the team, and was trying to respect the discontent that he knew was simmering with some of the fan base. As a PJ supporter I found it reassuring, even if I missed some of the usual playfulness that makes the show so much fun.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The thing that continues to puzzle me in terms of the offensive line performance is the lack of value placed in their experience. We have 4 of the 5 guys playing with a tremendous amount of actual game experience and one with limited game experience. Coach makes statements that they are not making their blocks on routine plays that have been run for as long as Coach Johnson and his staff have been teaching this offense. How is this even possible? How can you forget who you are suppose to block and the proper technique for doing so after so many actual live reps accumulated in practice and in actual real games?

I just don't get it? It makes me think there is a deeper issue going on. I understand the relative inexperience of the A backs and wide receivers producing a hit and miss record as the accumulate more experience but it defies logic that the well experienced offensive line should be having the same issues.

I'm hopeful our O line will get their act together and at least allow us to get the yard or two we so often need to make our attack work. I'm beginning to think we have a performance issue and we are actually just getting physically beat by the man across the line of scrimmage. I am at a loss as for how the same guys could dominate opponents at the end of 2014 but can't block at the beginning of 2015.

I know everything works together to make the O really go, but we have no real excuse for the line not being able to execute the basic offense.

Go Jackets!

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
He got a little smarmy (to borrow a popular word around here) when a guy asked why no slants or crossing routes over the middle when the defense loads the box. Coach just said we threw the ball x number of times so we tried. He failed to acknowledge that 99% of our throws are to the sideline.

You did make me laugh.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I should have but is it going to do any good ? Nope! He is to stubborn for his own good to listen to some side walk fan. I don't care to hear his sarcastic answeres.We never once tried to disrupt duke. It blew my mind. I have always credited coach for making some in game changes but he TOTALLY screwed the offense on this.
So you want questions asked, but you don't want to be the one ask them even if you have the means to do so. And if someone else asks the question you're disinterested in the answer? You'll understand if I find this difficult to swallow.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
The only people yelling and screaming were the ones who drank too much koolaid. The ones saying stuff like "I just have a feeling this is a special year," and "We will go 14 and 0." These people obviously haven't obviously haven't been fans of the program for very long anyway. We haven't looked great but if we work hard to get better we can still have a good year. Maybe 8-4 with a solid bowl win... Something to build on for next year.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
The only people yelling and screaming were the ones who drank too much koolaid. The ones saying stuff like "I just have a feeling this is a special year," and "We will go 14 and 0." These people obviously haven't obviously haven't been fans of the program for very long anyway. We haven't looked great but if we work hard to get better we can still have a good year. Maybe 8-4 with a solid bowl win... Something to build on for next year.
I have to agree. Btw, that 8-4 finish with a bowl win in addition was my prediction before the season. Few wanted to hear.

Now, I'm hoping we do that well.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck

I actually have a very different group of fans that were "yelling and screaming." I think a lot of those who expected big things are optimists. A lot of people who predict doom and gloom are pessimists. Typically the latter group does more of the yelling and screaming at times when things look like they're headed south. Point of fact you can pretty much tell who will be posting after a loss, and it's usually not positive posters.

Maybe we can get to 8-4 with a bowl win? And yours is supposed to be an example of good expectations? After losing two tough road games in large part due to special teams blunders?

I'm tired of hearing pessimism is realism. I'm not upset. I am disappointed, because we DID have the ability to be great this season. Coach told us as much when highlighting the mistakes the team made in both of our losses so far. I'm not yelling and screaming about it. And I don't think many of the other positive thinking fans are either.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow

No offense to you, but I'm tired of hearing "next year" all the time. We have to fix whatever is causing us to always start slow, or next year will just be more of the same. With all the guys who returned on OL, there's really not an excuse for all the bad play. I would understand a slow start this year from all the first-years at AB/BB/WR, but even the best players would have trouble making plays with how our OL is blocking.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
He got a little smarmy (to borrow a popular word around here) when a guy asked why no slants or crossing routes over the middle when the defense loads the box. Coach just said we threw the ball x number of times so we tried. He failed to acknowledge that 99% of our throws are to the sideline.
You're right. He completly ignored the callers question and tried to make him sound stupid. But , this has always been Johnson's MO. If you really catch it sometimes he try's to make Brandon look and sound stupid. Not a way to make friends and influence enemies.